Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Worth it to get PSA to numerical grade a bat?

Hi, I am getting several bats authenticated by PSA, but is it worth the extra $75 to have them put a numerical grade on the bat? Does it augment resale value?Not sure if its worth the extra $75. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Banned

Re: Worth it to get PSA to numerical grade a bat?

If your bat is graded a 10, it will definitely go for a premium in any auction. It all depends on what kind of bats you're talking about, some obviously are not worth the extra cost of grading.

For vintage or high-end bats it might be worth it, if you're looking to sell.
    If it's for your own personal collection I'd keep the money and put it towards buying more bats.
    -Randy
    rborrero14 at gmail.com

The bats are Bryce Harper Marucci models. One of them is photomatched to the night of his DoubleA debut. I would imagine that one would get a 10 since it's photomatched. I also have another bat with a letter from a teammte that it was used in the instructional league, Harper's first professional assignment.

Would only a 10 grade get a premium? I also considered just sending it to Ken Goldin and having him send it to PSA. Thanks for any advise.

Banned

The only thing I'd look for in a LOA is whether or not the bat is authentic - I would not care what the numerical grade is. Just a thought.

Jim