Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: LOA to COA

LOA to COA

I'm just getting into collecting and I know there is a difference between the two but I don't know what it is. Is one better than the other? Do I have to go to different places for game used memorabilia and a different place for autographs? Can someone explain this a little further for me. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum if it is.

Re: LOA to COA

LOA = Letter of Authenticity
    COA = Certificate of Authenticity

Same thing just one is letter form and other is certificate form, no big deal.
    Most LOA/COA aren't even worth the paper they're printed on.
    Don't fall for items just because they have COA or LOA, make sure to do your homework because these can be faked just as the memorabilia is faked.
    As for getting GU or Autos you can check team websites, auction houses, memorabilia dealers, etc.
    Wealth of info on this board just use the search function to find your answers.
    -Randy
    rborrero14 at gmail.com

Re: LOA to COA

thank you! that helps out a bunch, now are there places in every state that can authenticate something? or is there a website that has a list of all of them?

Banned

Cool Re: LOA to COA

Don't forget the sometimes used LOO (Letter of Opinion). Some authenticators and dealers use a letter with this title in order to avoid legal hassles if they are proven wrong...it's an opinion, not a certification.

Dave Miedema