Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Derek Jeter - California Sports Investments

Rick Shoot Me An Email

Quote Originally Posted by jbean023 View Post
    Rick Shoot Me An Email
    I believe it should have gone through, please LMK. I'm hitting the sack for the night. Thanks...

...Rick

Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Teams View Post
    Hello, this is my first post as you can see. I've been a collector of in-person auto's for years but I'm new to game-used items.

I did a search here about California Sports Investments and there was a couple of post's that mentioned shill bidding but nothing about the authenticity of the items that I saw. I was wondering how easy it is to switch MLB and Steiner tags. I believe that Steiner no longer has a database to verify numbers. As I said, I'm new to game-used items so sorry if this is a stupid question. Any information for this newbie would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance, I appreciate it.

...Rick
    Not sure what is more important to you. The legitimacy of the jersey or where you buy it from.

That jersey is imho legit and is sourced originally from Steiner and MLB Authentication. Usually just one jersey per homestand is collected on the last game but on Sept 11 practically everything, including Jeter's jersey LH617863, were collected as Jeter became the new all-time hit leader for the Yankees.

If you are serious, you can verify the legitimacy yourself by photomatching it after Sept 12 until the end of the homestand. There should be ample Getty shots of the back and front of the jersey to compare pinstripes and mlb.com video as well. The jersey will speak for itself.

Ron periodically has a Jeter jersey available at his site. The filthiest unwashed Jeter jersey I have ever seen was once for sale on his site back in 2007. It was photomatched as well

I would email him if you had any questions. Ron is easy to deal with.

Thought I would toss this info out there as it seem to be ashame that this jersey would be bypassed by a Jeter collector.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Not sure what is more important to you. The legitimacy of the jersey or where you buy it from.

That jersey is imho legit and is sourced originally from Steiner and MLB Authentication. Usually just one jersey per homestand is collected on the last game but on Sept 11 practically everything, including Jeter's jersey LH617863, were collected as Jeter became the new all-time hit leader for the Yankees.

If you are serious, you can verify the legitimacy yourself by photomatching it after Sept 12 until the end of the homestand. There should be ample Getty shots of the back and front of the jersey to compare pinstripes and mlb.com video as well. The jersey will speak for itself.

Ron periodically has a Jeter jersey available at his site. The filthiest unwashed Jeter jersey I have ever seen was once for sale on his site back in 2007. It was photomatched as well

I would email him if you had any questions. Ron is easy to deal with.

Thought I would toss this info out there as it seem to be ashame that this jersey would be bypassed by a Jeter collector.

Thank you, I appreciate the info. I've been busy as heck and never saw your post. I guess you snooze you lose. Hopefully I'll find another one. Again, thanks I appreciate it.

...Rick