Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Derek Jeter - California Sports Investments

Hello, this is my first post as you can see. I've been a collector of in-person auto's for years but I'm new to game-used items.

I did a search here about California Sports Investments and there was a couple of post's that mentioned shill bidding but nothing about the authenticity of the items that I saw. I was wondering how easy it is to switch MLB and Steiner tags. I believe that Steiner no longer has a database to verify numbers. As I said, I'm new to game-used items so sorry if this is a stupid question. Any information for this newbie would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance, I appreciate it.

...Rick

Re: Derek Jeter - California Sports Investments

Rick the link below should give you the information you need about MLB holograms. As for Steiner, I have no idea as to why they no longer have an online database to look up hologram numbers but I'm sure someone here has an answer to that. I personally think in this day and age that it's an important part of my purchase to be able to look up my item to add that piece of mind.

One recent purchase of mine left me scratching my head. I purchased a flag that was flown at the old Shea Stadium from a Licensed Steiner Vendor. Upon receiving the flag which was shipped directly from Steiner's warehouse I realized there was no hologram and no paperwork. The seller contacted Steiner and I had a COA in a weeks time. So now I have a COA for a flag but how do I prove it is for my flag if I go to sell it without any hologram? I wanted to share this story because I feel a company as respected as Steiner should hold themselves to a higher standard.

So to answer your question... holograms are tamper proof and can not be transferred from item to item without being destroyed in the process. This goes for both MLB and Steiner holo's. Also, with Jeter game used items from Steiner you usually get a hand signed by Jeter COA.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/authentication/hologram_info.jsp

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    Welcome to the forum! CSI has not only been shill bidding but also doctoring game use on bats, read link:http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ts+investments

After seeing what Ron has done to our hobby, it baffles me that collectors will still do business with him. Who knows how many bats, jerseys, cleats, gloves, helmets, etc, Ron has sold through the many years he has been in business had been doctored??? Once crook always a crook!!

Bobby
    Bobby, thank you so much for taking time to respond to the thread, I appreciate it. You and I are on the same wave length as to "Once a crook always a crook". I had read a post you made earlier but I did not want to list your name in my thread. With being new to the forum I did not know if that would be appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley2010 View Post
    Rick the link below should give you the information you need about MLB holograms. As for Steiner, I have no idea as to why they no longer have an online database to look up hologram numbers but I'm sure someone here has an answer to that. I personally think in this day and age that it's an important part of my purchase to be able to look up my item to add that piece of mind.

One recent purchase of mine left me scratching my head. I purchased a flag that was flown at the old Shea Stadium from a Licensed Steiner Vendor. Upon receiving the flag which was shipped directly from Steiner's warehouse I realized there was no hologram and no paperwork. The seller contacted Steiner and I had a COA in a weeks time. So now I have a COA for a flag but how do I prove it is for my flag if I go to sell it without any hologram? I wanted to share this story because I feel a company as respected as Steiner should hold themselves to a higher standard.

So to answer your question... holograms are tamper proof and can not be transferred from item to item without being destroyed in the process. This goes for both MLB and Steiner holo's. Also, with Jeter game used items from Steiner you usually get a hand signed by Jeter COA.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/authentication/hologram_info.jsp
    Thank you so much for responding too, I appreciate it. That makes no sense of issuing a COA without a hologram on the flag. I also believe like you that Steiner should hold themselves to a higher standard.

I had read on another forum that someone had removed either a Steiner, MLB or UDA hologram without destroying it. I want to say it was Steiner but I might be wrong. I also worry about with the technology out there that someone could print their on hologram. My question was about this jersey: http://californiasportsinv.com/detai...1806&sportid=1
    I'm sorry, this thread should have been in a different forum but I did see the same jersey on ebay.

Again, I really appreciate both of our responses and hopefully it won't take me too long to get up to speed on the basics of game-worn/used equipment.

...Rick

Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Teams View Post
    Bobby, thank you so much for taking time to respond to the thread, I appreciate it. You and I are on the same wave length as to "Once a crook always a crook". I had read a post you made earlier but I did not want to list your name in my thread. With being new to the forum I did not know if that would be appropriate.

Thank you so much for responding too, I appreciate it. That makes no sense of issuing a COA without a hologram on the flag. I also believe like you that Steiner should hold themselves to a higher standard.

I had read on another forum that someone had removed either a Steiner, MLB or UDA hologram without destroying it. I want to say it was Steiner but I might be wrong. I also worry about with the technology out there that someone could print their on hologram. My question was about this jersey: http://californiasportsinv.com/detai...1806&sportid=1
    I'm sorry, this thread should have been in a different forum but I did see the same jersey on ebay.

Again, I really appreciate both of our responses and hopefully it won't take me too long to get up to speed on the basics of game-worn/used equipment.

...Rick

Rick, after reading the thread linked by Bobby I would personally not even consider any items from CSI. While I believe based on the photos that the item is more than likely legit it's source is way too much of a detractor. Also, while I'm sure someone has been able to remove a holo and place it another item I do not believe this to be a prevalent issue. Without going into detail unscrupulous sellers like CSI can use many practices to alter a game used item without having to remove the hologram.

I have learned in my time collecting game used items that just when I think I have the basics covered something comes along that leaves me searching for more knowledge.... luckily the forums here are the greatest resource to obtain this knowledge. ~Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley2010 View Post
    Rick, after reading the thread linked by Bobby I would personally not even consider any items from CSI. While I believe based on the photos that the item is more than likely legit it's source is way too much of a detractor. Also, while I'm sure someone has been able to remove a holo and place it another item I do not believe this to be a prevalent issue. Without going into detail unscrupulous sellers like CSI can use many practices to alter a game used item without having to remove the hologram.

I have learned in my time collecting game used items that just when I think I have the basics covered something comes along that leaves me searching for more knowledge.... luckily the forums here are the greatest resource to obtain this knowledge. ~Joe
    Joe,

Thank you so much for your time. I'll take you guys advice and continue looking for a Jeter and Mo Rivera auto'd game-used jersey. Living in NY I can't see paying the NY State sales tax I would be forced to pay buying something from Steiner. Again, thanks so much, I really appreciate it.

...Rick

Hey Rick,

No problem, glad to be of help. If I see any nice Jeter or Mariano game used jersey's out there, I'll let you know. I checked out your site with your autographed memorabilia, you have some very nice stuff. I just listed a nice signed 1/56 Joe Dimaggio jersey, check it out on ebay if you get a chance.

Best Regards,
    Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Teams View Post
    Hello, this is my first post as you can see. I've been a collector of in-person auto's for years but I'm new to game-used items.

I did a search here about California Sports Investments and there was a couple of post's that mentioned shill bidding but nothing about the authenticity of the items that I saw. I was wondering how easy it is to switch MLB and Steiner tags. I believe that Steiner no longer has a database to verify numbers. As I said, I'm new to game-used items so sorry if this is a stupid question. Any information for this newbie would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance, I appreciate it.

...Rick
    Welcome to the forum! CSI has not only been shill bidding but also doctoring game use on bats, read link:http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ts+investments

After seeing what Ron has done to our hobby, it baffles me that collectors will still do business with him. Who knows how many bats, jerseys, cleats, gloves, helmets, etc, Ron has sold through the many years he has been in business had been doctored??? Once crook always a crook!!

Bobby

Rick Shoot Me An Email

Will do and did. Thanks...Rick

Rick Shoot Me An Email