Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

April 2013 Pickups

Matt McBride Vest (MLB Auth)

Re: April 2013 Pickups

nick esasky G105 from a 2/12/88 order of 12 bats! nice!
    Name:  DSC06085 (1024x202).jpg
Views: 2180
Size:  185.1 KB

Not game used, and I have no means of taking pictures, but I picked up a couple of Bagwell items today. A signed on the sweet spot 1994 Pittsburgh Pirates all-star game baseball. Also, I landed a Jeff Bagwell bobblehead with a signature on the batting helmet. Normally, I don't do mass-produced stuff, but the John Hancock on the lid really made the item for me. Never seen that before. I'll post pics when I get my new computer next week.

-Frik
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Went to the Braves home opener last night against the Phils and picked up this Brandon Beachy 2012 gamer from the game used store at Turner Field. They have it listed as game issued since it was most likely worn after he got injured. It shows nice wear though, with dirt stains to the right of the number "7" and on the nameplate.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Picked up these Astros items from the Astros Authentics booth. Once again the Astros are doing great things in the GU community and their prices are not outrageous either.

1st up is a Wesley Wright Spring Training Used BP Jersey. This was the jersey he wore all Spring. Shows use with pilling on the shoulders and wrinkling of numbers. Stros BP's in Spring Training didn't have NOB but the Regular Season ones do. MLB Authenticated.

Next is Brandon Laird's St. Patty's Day Hat. Brandon went 1-2 with 2 runs in that game.

Not very big but i went to the Blue Rocks (Royals +A) fanfest yesterday, they had an open BP and we went out in the parking lot and got 4 HRs, surprisingly they were all Major league balls, any idea why?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by 5Jrose5 View Post
    Not very big but i went to the Blue Rocks (Royals +A) fanfest yesterday, they had an open BP and we went out in the parking lot and got 4 HRs, surprisingly they were all Major league balls, any idea why?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    I'm guessing that they are the balls from the big club (Royals) from spring training. Both the Tigers and Twins had very pearly baseballs during their BP session on opening day, not the same beat-up batch I saw in spring training. The minor league teams probably wanted to save some money and took the spring training scraps. Just a hunch.

As for my April pick-ups, here they are:
    http://plouffesnewhairdomlb.files.wo...4/img_6685.jpg
    4 balls from the Tigers/Twins Opening Day, two of which are gamers and have the OD logo! Yes, I am a ballhawk, and I love snagging the commemoratives.

Cracked Old Hickory bat at the 09/11/2010 game by Wilson Ramos, bottom of 3rd, picked up at Nationals Park on Monday, along with his 2012 locker nameplate. I haven't had time to look for pictures from the game, but if anyone has access to MLB.TV and can look it up, I would appreciate the help.

Derek Shelton Tampa Smokers throwback uniform

avisail garcia game used cleats. they were used this spring training but used none the less (ebay pics):

Thanks for the look !