Goldin Auctions ... what did you bid on or win, thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • short84
    • Dec 2008

Re: Goldin Auctions ... what did you bid on or win, thoughts?

Aaaah, that's not very nice.

Comment

• GMEN92
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by ChrisCavalier
      Hello Walt,

The consignment deadline for the next auction will be on, or around, April 15th. We are in the process of finalizing the auction close date but I believe it will likely be in June.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions about potential consignments and I will be happy to answer them for you. You can email me at Chris@gameuseduniverse.com or Chris@goldinauctions.com

Sincerely,
      Chris
      SENT YOU A EMAIL CHRIS .. THANKS

Comment

• esquiresports
        • Mar 2012

Sadly didn't win anything. Got outbid on the Formula 1 brake clock and the perfect game ball signed by 13 players. At "only" $1,300, this was a steal compared to the $15,000 one signed by 18 players brought. All the additional signatures are from post-2000 perfect games and could be added to the $1,300 ball with a little effort! I should have made a stronger run on this one but have my eye on something that is going to deplete my bank account if I get it.

Comment

• rchimes13@yahoo.com
          • Jan 2011

Grabbed the GU signed Brandon Phillips 2012 bat...photo matched to 5/5/12 my youngest sons birthdate! Was pretty excited...now have Phillips & Votto bats from that day as well as gu lineup card.

Comment

• JackHE
            • Nov 2005

Picked up the Howie Long jersey. Went a bit higher than I thought though.
            www.jackemerson@yahoo.com

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
              Paid Users
              • Jan 1970

Originally posted by GMEN92
              SENT YOU A EMAIL CHRIS .. THANKS
              Hey Mike,

I sent you a reply. Please let me know if you received it.

Thanks,
              Chris
              Christopher Cavalier
              Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Comment

• KGoldin
                • Sep 2012

Esquire: I took significant note on those perfect game balls as well.
                I must say, if i was NOT CEO of Goldin auctions, I would have bought every perfect game ball in that auction that had catfish Hunter, and made it my lifes work to get everyone else on it, and then re-consign to Goldin Auctions as soon as completed. There were 4 different people who were aggressively going after that ball BEYOND the $10,000 range.

Obviously a lot of people on our list want to own something 'complete' and are not concerned about paying for it without the hassle. I believe in our June auction there is going to be a perfect game ball with Hunter on it already.
                good luck

Comment

• GMEN92
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by ChrisCavalier
                  Hey Mike,

I sent you a reply. Please let me know if you received it.

Thanks,
                  Chris
                  Yes sir!! Thanks

Comment

• 1929tudor
                    • Oct 2010

Chris, I never did receive the 25.00 gift cert from Goldin. Were those mailed out? Definitly had my info updated on GUU so just was wondering. Thanks Keith Janosky

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
                      Paid Users
                      • Jan 1970

Originally posted by 1929tudor
                      Chris, I never did receive the 25.00 gift cert from Goldin. Were those mailed out? Definitly had my info updated on GUU so just was wondering. Thanks Keith Janosky
                      Hello Keith,

I posted this a couple of times previously. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions:

"I posted a response to the same question on another thread but I realize not everyone saw it. Please feel free to contact Goldin Auctions and let them know you are a member of Game Used Universe. They can contact me to verify your membership and you will get the credit.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,
                      Chris"
                      Christopher Cavalier

Comment

• Mulligans
                        • Dec 2009

I won the Rory McIlroy Signed Official Tournament Scorecards from the 2009 PGA Championship....I also had the pleasure of selling 4 Football Jerseys.

Comment

• Vikings_Collector
                          • Mar 2013

Never got my gift certificate so I just paid for my jersey. No one ever replied to me about that either...

Comment

• KGoldin
                            • Sep 2012

Vikings
                            1. email ken@goldinauctions.com and copy rex@goldinauctions.com regarding this

2 I think the US post office sucks. we sent out 8500 postcards to GUU members , these were the coupons. It is obviously a certain percentage were not delivered.

3. in your case, email us so we know who you are, and we will include a $25 check when we ship your order

4. i pride myself as someone who responds perrsonally to every single email in lightening speed. My wife hates it, because i will do it at 930pm on a saturday night at dinner table, and sometimes at a red light while driving. HOWEVER, if there was ever a week in my life where I was going to miss an email, it would be this week. I you want to know how to get over 1000 emails a day (no exaggeration)...i can tell you, sell a baseball card for $2.1 million and have your name printed in every paper in America, and on every news broadcast. The emails i get range from interview requests, to consignment requests, to free appraisal requests, to 100s of people a week with T206 reprint cards thinking they discovered the next Wagner...
                            ...so, if i EVER IN MY LIFE was going to overlook an email, it would have been this week...so sorry!

Ken

Comment

• Vikings_Collector
                              • Mar 2013

I emailed Mr. Goldin and he responded immediately. Thank you sir. My package shipped about 24 hours after I made payment. He is going to make sure this matter is taken care of. Thank you again. This is great customer service!

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
                                Paid Users
                                • Jan 1970

Originally posted by KGoldin
                                4. i pride myself as someone who responds perrsonally to every single email in lightening speed. My wife hates it, because i will do it at 930pm on a saturday night at dinner table, and sometimes at a red light while driving. HOWEVER, if there was ever a week in my life where I was going to miss an email, it would be this week. I you want to know how to get over 1000 emails a day (no exaggeration)...i can tell you, sell a baseball card for $2.1 million and have your name printed in every paper in America, and on every news broadcast. The emails i get range from interview requests, to consignment requests, to free appraisal requests, to 100s of people a week with T206 reprint cards thinking they discovered the next Wagner...
                                ...so, if i EVER IN MY LIFE was going to overlook an email, it would have been this week...so sorry!
                                Ken
                                You can add 'Consignment Directors' to Ken's list of people constantly contacting him. I can tell you that I send him quite a few emails EVERY DAY and Ken is amazing about responding about as quickly as anyone I have ever met. I think it is incredible even though I can certainly understand his wife's frustration

It does not surprise me that he treats the person contacting him about a $25 certificate the same way he treats consignor whose card he sold for $2.1 million.

-Chris
                                Christopher Cavalier

Comment

Working...