Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Sandy Hook Patch

Major League Baseball will honor the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting during the opening games of the 2013 Regular Season. All players, managers, coaches, umpires and on-field personnel will wear a symbolic ribbon patch and, with fans, observe a pre-game moment of silence in their opening games (March 31st to April 2nd) in a league-wide effort to remember the 26 individuals who lost their lives on December 14, 2012 in Newtown, Connecticut.

Was this voluntary? I looked at Yu Darvish photos and there isnt a Sandy Hook patch on his jersey from his game on April 2.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Re: Sandy Hook Patch

Their first game was the March 31st. The Rangers probably wore them during that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dach0sen0ne View Post
    Their first game was the March 31st. The Rangers probably wore them during that game.
    You are right. I just looked at the schedule. No photos of Darvish from March 31. I tried looking closer at the photos on Getty from April 2 and doesnt seem like the patch was removed from his jersey. Maybe we will see these jerseys at Auction in the future.

Anyone notice players using a jersey with remnants of the Sandy Hook Ribbon?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

Smile Re: Sandy Hook Patch

[quote=joelsabi;32016 Maybe we will see these jerseys at Auction in the future.

[/quote]

MLB Auctions just posted a bunch.

Dave Miedema

Wow, Im surprised that their auctioning them as the Sandy hook patch is just a stick on, as most I noticed on the players were peeling off their jerseys after a couple innings!