Bryce Harper, not for all his Collector's, but still cool....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marino13
    • Feb 2010

Re: Bryce Harper, not for all his Collector's, but still cool....

Originally posted by onlyalbert
    Hey Harper, you don't own this jersey! The team does. If you wanted it so bad you should've bid on it. You were obviously watching the auction.

+1

Comment

• xpress34
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by swainer
      Harper just sent out a tweet about this sale. "They just take my jersey away from me and don't ask if I want it or anything. First opening day! Jersey gone!"

Wonder why he didn't buy it?
      Maybe because like so many of these new 'Elite' players he feels like he's special and is owed something.

I agree, if you wanted the jersey, bid on it. You're a freakin' millionaire already...

Comment

• Clemson2004
        • Jan 2013

First off, why did it go for that much? I understand the player, but dang, for an opening day jersey? Also for all you know the reason it went for that much is probably because he bid on it. Of course he is not going to say if he did or didn't.

Comment

• marino13
          • Feb 2010

And here is the "crying" link.

You are a freaking millionaire - you should have bid on your own item if you really wanted it.

It was a drop in a bucket if anything!

Comment

• toddhead
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by marino13
            And here is the "crying" link.

You are a freaking millionaire - you should have bid on your own item if you really wanted it.

It was a drop in a bucket if anything!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...7814--mlb.html
            God forbid that Bryce Harper wanted his first Opening Day jersey.

Sounds to me like he didn't know until after it was all over. I would be upset to if someone did that to me. I am not sure what all the hullabaloo is about...
            Always on the lookout for Garin Cecchini game used items especially Greenville Drive and Salem Red Sox jerseys.
            I accept PM's so shoot me a message.

Comment

• nevrdiez34
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by toddhead
              God forbid that Bryce Harper wanted his first Opening Day jersey.

Sounds to me like he didn't know until after it was all over. I would be upset to if someone did that to me. I am not sure what all the hullabaloo is about...

+1
              Always looking for Chicago Cubs and Wrigley Field Items

Comment

• 5toolplayer
                • Apr 2011

If he wanted the jersey so bad he should have stuffed it in his bag when he left the stadium. Poor little Bryce
                5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Comment

• onlyalbert
                  • Jan 2011

I bet if the jersey went for $300 nothing would've been said about it. If he wanted it so bad he would've asked where it went right away. Then would've been told where/when to bid on it.

Comment

• joelsabi
                    • Aug 2005

10 day auction and he doesnt know how to delegate someone to bid for him.

Since MLB Auction sold these Opening Day jerseys for charity where does it say on the MLB site what is the fair market value of each jersey so that the rest of the auction price can be written off?

So what GU items are teams obligated to offer to a player? Apparently Harper thought this was one situation but apparently the team didn't see it that way.
                    Regards,
                    Joel S.
                    joelsabi @ gmail.com
                    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• MLB~NUT
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by 5toolplayer
                      If he wanted the jersey so bad he should have stuffed it in his bag when he left the stadium. Poor little Bryce
                      Exactly what Id a done... Had it been my jersey!

Comment

• xpress34
                        • Sep 2008

I know that there have been a few Rockies GU items I have wanted, only to find out that the player had told the Rockies they wanted the item for their personal collection, so the Rockies sold the item directly to the player.

Maybe Harper should have said something earlier instead of crying later about the team 'taking' something that belonged to them (and not him) in the 1st place.

Comment

Working...