Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Game worn blanks

I have quite a few game worn de-numbered jerseys...I am afraid if I get rid of some, some people may try to make them into star player jerseys fraud entry...but I'd love to share with some honest collectors...also have all the nameplates. As a collector what is your advice for an honest newbie to the board

Re: Game worn blanks

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigweasel View Post
    I have quite a few game worn de-numbered jerseys...I am afraid if I get rid of some, some people may try to make them into star player jerseys fraud entry...but I'd love to share with some honest collectors...also have all the nameplates. As a collector what is your advice for an honest newbie to the board
    If the jerseys are de-numbered and then re-numbered with a different number, it is usually fairly easy to tell that there has been a replacement. When numbers come off, they normally leave stitch marks, residue, discoloration and slight damage to the fabric (due to glue, etc).
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

A couple have pulls, most don't have any marks besides game wear. Some even have the reebok NFL jock tag sewn in the back cause they were modified to not need to be tucked in. I think they are cool, but don't want to see some unscrupulous people making them into something they are not.