Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Game used Pujols bat.......NOT

http://www.paragonauctionsite.com/Lo...ventoryid=2075

What is wrong with Paragon and Taube? Paragon says he "won two MVP awards in 04 and 08" and Taube gives this bat a 8.5 grade with that red tar on the middle of the handle? I don't get it. Show me another Pujols bat with red tar mid-barrel....and I'll show you a bat used by someone else. C'mon John.....no rubberstamping.

Re: Game used Pujols bat.......NOT

Couldn't the tar color just be from the photo?

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Couldn't the tar color just be from the photo?
    Doubt it. This red colored tar is used by other players on the team...then Berkman and Freese among others. I have a 2011 Berkman playoff bat with the same red tar. If you look at Pujols bats over the years he has favored the caramel colored tar, and you would see it mid-bat up to the center brand. Never in the middle of the handle. This area is always very clean. You can find several examples on here.

Banned

I asked them about their Antoine Walker "2000-01" Celtics jersey -

"I'm just wondering how do you know which year it was worn? The 2000-01 season the Celtics had a black band on the left shoulder which is not present on this jersey. The following year they had what I believe was a 9/11 logo on the right."

I haven't had any response and it has been over a week. I guess the band could have been removed, but it would be nice to have had a reply. Thus I will not be going anywhere near their stuff...

IN MY OPINION, this bat is a joke and proves once again that, for the right price, you can get anything 'authenticated'.

Look at any photo of Albert's tar pattern in 2011. Any photo.

I do not understand how a publicly traded company and its representatives get away with this. At some point, this will end badly for them and their shareholders. It's just a matter of time, IN MY OPINION.

Are you guys referring to the photo of just the handle? Does it look like two different bats to anyone, because comparing just the handle photo to the photo of the whole bat, it doesn't look like the tar shows on the full bat photo. But they may have turned the bat in the photo.

Yes, a different angle. And neither bears any resemblance to a Pujols game used bat from 2011 or any other year.

Quote Originally Posted by rj_lucas View Post
    IN MY OPINION, this bat is a joke and proves once again that, for the right price, you can get anything 'authenticated'.

Look at any photo of Albert's tar pattern in 2011. Any photo.

I do not understand how a publicly traded company and its representatives get away with this. At some point, this will end badly for them and their shareholders. It's just a matter of time, IN MY OPINION.
    Rick,what do you mean by publicly traded co? Taube?

08,09,10, and 2 2011 playoff bats in order top to bottom. No red tar on these.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by onlyalbert View Post
    Rick,what do you mean by publicly traded co? Taube?
    PSA/DNA is a division of Collectors Universe, a NASDAQ company.

Imagine a scenario where a material portion of a publicly traded company's revenues were proven, by virtue of legal action and/or federal investigation, to have resulted from gross negligence (which carries a specific legal definition under tort law).

No mystery really as to the ultimate outcome of such a scenario -- plenty of examples to refer to over the last decade or so.

I'm not suggesting that PSA/DNA or Collector's Universe pose such a scenario. That would be up to an investigator to determine...