Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: This makes me ill.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    and slab them
    Ouch!

It would be better if the auctions run and someone could win them to ensure they are destroyed. If he takes them down, I'm sure he'll find another way to sell them. Or maybe contact him and offer him $50 for each of them and conduct the transaction outside of ebay.

Peace!

I agree! Just get them out of circulation by defacing them is enough.
    Although eBay made it very difficult to contact sellers outside of their system.

Rather than destroy them, why not buy all of them and cut them up, saving only the signatures. Things like these can make their way nicely into framed displays, trading cards, etc.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    Rather than destroy them, why not buy all of them and cut them up, saving only the signatures. Things like these can make their way nicely into framed displays, trading cards, etc.
    Agreed. I guess when I said destroyed, I figured that's what someone would do and the document would essentially be "destoryed".

Samets,

You're correct ebay does make it difficult but there are a few ways around it. For a while, if you sent a message with a smart phone, they didn't have the filter that detects an email address but that has been updated. You can put a bunch of spaces between the email address to get it to go through sometimes.

I am the seller of said items on eBay. I am ending them now and have sold all 10 to a dealer that goes by the name of AM Sports Marketing Group. I assure you I will use a sharpie per their approval to make them not viable for re-use.

Quote Originally Posted by viperjody View Post
    I am the seller of said items on eBay. I am ending them now and have sold all 10 to a dealer that goes by the name of AM Sports Marketing Group. I assure you I will use a sharpie per their approval to make them not viable for re-use.
    Also, AM Sports Marketing Group is a member here under the name: trsent

Guess we will see them slabbed soon. Nice vintage autographs.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfan View Post
    Person selling Unique Sports certificates on e-bay for Griffey items . . . without the items.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ken-Griffey-...item2ec78ad3fc

I guess this rules out ever buying a 1994 jersey for me now. Also has certificates for a belt, jacket and hat.
    The problem with these 4 COAs is that they do not specify the year of the GU item and are very generic. They merely say that the GU item was autograph by Griffey in 1994. I would have less interest in these Griffey items even with this certificate.

I can see someone potentially matching this up with a Griffey item from 1989 to 1994. These certificates are pre third party COAs. PSA/DNA was around in 1998.

Someone emailed me this morning that he had contacted the seller and told me that the seller has 10 of these COAs. He also told me he is an active member here so maybe he will be cooperative if we address him and his property here. He bought something that he saw having value and stated fairly how he came across these COAs. I confirmed the person's finding by finding a match between the seller item on ebay and his mention of the item in a GUU thread.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jay-Buhner-1...item2ec75a361e

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=54752

Was writing this when I saw the seller posted
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Here are all 10 so you know what they look like in case of questions down the road: