Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: This makes me ill.

Quote Originally Posted by viperjody View Post
    I am the seller of said items on eBay. I am ending them now and have sold all 10 to a dealer that goes by the name of AM Sports Marketing Group. I assure you I will use a sharpie per their approval to make them not viable for re-use.
    Jody,

I appreciate the information, and I am sure that the collector community does as well. I am concerned by the statement "I assure you I will use a sharpie per their approval to make them not viable for re-use." Can you please clarify this? Does it mean that you will mark them up with a sharpie based on the buyer's approval of you to do so? If so, if he outright refuses, how can you assure us that it will be done?

Nick
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    Jody,

I appreciate the information, and I am sure that the collector community does as well. I am concerned by the statement "I assure you I will use a sharpie per their approval to make them not viable for re-use." Can you please clarify this? Does it mean that you will mark them up with a sharpie based on the buyer's approval of you to do so? If so, if he outright refuses, how can you assure us that it will be done?

Nick
    Nick, If he approves, I will do so, take new photos and repost them. I am working on this now. If he refuses my request, I will try to understand why and come up with a compromise with him, if he will not compromise, I will mark them with invisible ultraviolet ink and post here. Does that suffice?

Here are all 10 so you know what they look like in case of questions down the road:
    Unless the potential buyer reads this forum and this thread specifically, they will not know the source of the LOAs if they are not specially marked as you say. If they appear on ebay, or even at a card show, it is a very slim chance that the buyer will make this connection.
    Looking for ...

Nick, If he approves, I will do so, take new photos and repost them. I am working on this now. If he refuses my request, I will try to understand why and come up with a compromise with him, if he will not compromise, I will mark them with invisible ultraviolet ink and post here. Does that suffice?
    Don't you think you should have worked all of this out before striking a deal?
    Looking for ...

Unless the potential buyer reads this forum and this thread specifically, they will not know the source of the LOAs if they are not specially marked as you say. If they appear on ebay, or even at a card show, it is a very slim chance that the buyer will make this connection.
    I understand what you are saying and that is why I will push to use a sharpie. Joel is not the owner, and I think he will understand. This was his repsonse to my questioning his intentions:

FROM JOEL: I am 100% going to cut the autographs out, send them to PSA and have them slabbed. They will never be used as letters of authenticity again after I receive them.

I will do to process myself so the autographs are properly removed but this was always my intentions.

Peace

Joel

Don't you think you should have worked all of this out before striking a deal?
    No I don't. I honestly had not thought of this being a problem since I had pulled them from public sale and sold them to a Reputable Dealer.

Joel has authorized me to SHARPIE them, so they will be destroyed. I will post proof when this is done.

I understand what you are saying and that is why I will push to use a sharpie. Joel is not the owner, and I think he will understand. This was his repsonse to my questioning his intentions:

FROM JOEL: I am 100% going to cut the autographs out, send them to PSA and have them slabbed. They will never be used as letters of authenticity again after I receive them.

Joel
    I, for one, 100% trust Joel. I may not always agree with him but I definitely trust him to do as he says.

Joel has authorized me to SHARPIE them, so they will be destroyed. I will post proof when this is done.
    We need more people like you in the hobby Viperjody! Thanks for doing the right thing!

I'm glad these were sold to a well-respected member of our GU community.

The only thing that confuses me a tiny bit is the value of a Ken Griffey Jr. "cut signature." How much value would these really have, since Griffey is alive, well and signing? Thirty dollars each, maybe?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com