Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Zach Hample and your croonies of ballhawk....

I've always been amazed at how many balls some of these guys get... Sure, you can do some research and figure out the areas where a player is most likely to hit the ball, but still....

There's obviously no "clean" way to grab that many baseballs on such a regular basis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Quote Originally Posted by commando View Post
    I've always been amazed at how many balls some of these guys get... Sure, you can do some research and figure out the areas where a player is most likely to hit the ball, but still....

There's obviously no "clean" way to grab that many baseballs on such a regular basis.
    He wasnt just grabbing the first baseball - as you can see the replay on the reaction of the boyfriend who tried to go after the ball.

If it was you and your date or with your family - you might not be as calmed when Zach and the rest of the ballhawks barreling through you to get to the baseball.

Now, in relation to this GUU forum, who would pay for just hearsay HR balls anyway? Since Zach is known for having LOTs of fake/batting practice balls to tossed back onto the field instead of actual HR ball?

Banned

Question Re: Zach Hample and your croonies of ballhawk....

I'm surprised that Ballhawknet hasn't commented on this story, especially seeing the criticism of ballhawks in several posts. Dave D., any thoughts?

Dave Miedema

I think everyone who has ever seen a game has hoped to one day catch a ball, a HR no less! I've been at live games every season since 1985 and I have never come close to getting one. I've sat in every section/area of ballparks and yet it is always at least one full section away from me when it lands in the stands.

This guy has "obtained" in person at MLB games, over 6000 baseballs. I by no means feel entitled to have caught one but hearing one guy has gotten so many seems unfair. At what point have you obtained enough "one of a kind" momentos to allow other people to have that experience?
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
    Now, in relation to this GUU forum, who would pay for just hearsay HR balls anyway? Since Zach is known for having LOTs of fake/batting practice balls to tossed back onto the field instead of actual HR ball?
    No way. That just screams rip off.

The guys on eBay that put their own "stamp" on balls they caught as a type of authentication crack me up too. Like a stamp from so no name really means anything to anyone that knows anything about buying game used stuff. Those guys are almost as big of a joke as this Hample tool.
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

He's such a Tool... Too bad the girls bf, or hubby didnt pound his face like a true new yorker! They must be from out of town!

Quote Originally Posted by MLB~NUT View Post
    He's such a Tool... Too bad the girls bf, or hubby didnt pound his face like a true new yorker! They must be from out of town!

The BF was about to knock the shit out of him and you can see on the replay, some one came down to tell him to calm down.

And Zach about to start some shit with the Bleacher Creatures - that was when he was told to step away from the area, as more security come down along with NYPD.

And from the "secondary" source - he was going to give the ball back to the player and in exchange for whatever the player willing to give, or else. I guess he knows he trespassed and he doesnt want to have the ball confiscated, being charged with assault by the young lady, and then be rejected from the stadium (along with being on the banned's list).

The only thing that pissed off the fans in the area, if the ball comes his way and he caught it, it is all good. But the BS antic of running people over, barrelling kids or whoever in the way -- just try to be in the same vicinity of the baseball ... and FREE for all mentality -- grab whatever and if you got lucky with the ball or some young lady body part, it is okay.

This guy is lucky he didn't get knocked out, no "about to" to it! I'm a nicer guy but get very protective of my family and especially my kids. I think it would just be reactionary to protect them first and think about the ball second.

Maybe its the cop in me, but even if someone came running at me full speed down and aisle...they'd be in some big trouble.

So 6,000 baseballs....and how many injuries, spilled beers/food, ruined clothes to those who paid good money to have those seats? I can tell you that clothing ruined from this tool knocking food onto peoples laps would cost him more than he could earn from selling a baseball. Nice of him to advertise it was him to bring on the lawsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post

The guys on eBay that put their own "stamp" on balls they caught as a type of authentication crack me up too. Like a stamp from so no name really means anything to anyone that knows anything about buying game used stuff. Those guys are almost as big of a joke as this Hample tool.
    +1.

There's a reason why I only buy MLB authenticated baseballs. And it's because, with a few exceptions, these are the only foolproof way of getting a ball guaranteed to have been used in a game - and used for a particular play. And, in moderation, it's fun to get some baseballs of a player I like.

As for the concept of ballhawking, give me a break. If you want to do it as an occasional hobby, that's one thing. But how many baseballs do you need to catch? Are Hample, et al. so insecure that they need to catch famous players' baseballs to feel good about themselves?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Zach Hample and your croonies of ballhawk....

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post

Not to mention one of those guys charges more than MLB for comparable items. I highly question that certification from a fan...even one well known for practicing the craft and honest...is even as close to being as valuable as the assurances from MLB or one of it's member teams.

Dave M.