Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trout helmet on eBay

Careful with this one, there were just two regular season ones total, with Mike keeping the one used majority of season, and with the other one cracking. This one isn't cracked, doesn't seem to match any photos from season either. He won't sign and inscribe these attesting to use at this point either, so buyer beware.
    The Angels and MLB authenticators added zero detail and specifics on it looking at the holo write-up.

Re: Trout helmet on eBay

Forgot the link
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIKE-TROUT-G...item5d3e2d1bb8

I guess that I should've warned earlier, it appears to be gone or pulled anyway.

Best offer for $2700 was accepted for it
    -Randy
    rborrero14 at gmail.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

FYI,... to see best offer accepted prices... move to canada... Or just change .com to .ca
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

I was at that game used sale today at Angels stadium. All of those helmets were questionable. I saw helmets authenticated in that 2012 session that were easily from 10 years ago. They were selling them for $20 a helmet at the end of the day and had several hundred so you could easily buy two and change the numbers and try to sell it as another player.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    I was at that game used sale today at Angels stadium. All of those helmets were questionable. I saw helmets authenticated in that 2012 session that were easily from 10 years ago. They were selling them for $20 a helmet at the end of the day and had several hundred so you could easily buy two and change the numbers and try to sell it as another player.
    When the Mariners had their helmet sale at FanFest this January, they authenticated everything that was not already certified as game used/issued in 2012 as team issued. No player's name was mentioned, only the number, so I brought photos to the stadium to judge if a player wore a particular helmet.

In the auction in question, no player's name was associated with the helmet. Therefore, I don't see what the Angels did as questionable. They simply listed the date of the session, which happened to be in 2012. It never said that the helmet was worn in that particular season.

As for the seller, the auction looks a bit shady. No pics of the size of the helmet were present, nor were photos of the entire lid. If I were listing a helmet, I would take pictures of the entire thing.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

I meant questionable as to what you were getting.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Helmet is back on the block...after hours of research, I'm 99.999% sure this was NOT worn by Mike Trout, more likely Mike Ryan in 2010. Avoid

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIKE-TROUT-G...item5d3e479c07

5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Thumbs up Re: Trout helmet on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by 5toolplayer View Post
    Helmet is back on the block...after hours of research, I'm 99.999% sure this was NOT worn by Mike Trout.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIKE-TROUT-G...item5d3e479c07

Not worn by Mike Ryan.
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET