Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

NEED HELP! Drew Brees Chargers Signed Pro-Cut/Game Used?

Really would be great if someone can give me a little info on what I have here. Looks to be a signed 2003 Chargers Drew Brees Jersey.

1. Can someone tell me if the autograph is legit?
    2. Why is it screenprinted?
    3. Is this a real pro-cut/game issued or maybe worn?

Thanks in advance!

Re: NEED HELP! Drew Brees Chargers Signed Pro-Cut/Game Used?

I can't tell you much about the autograph, but it does not look like anything Brees would have worn in a game. The length doesn't look right and I have not seen this style of # on a gamer?

For what it's worth, the autograph looks good, typical of an earlier Brees autograph. Looks faded, though, but getting the jersey if it were in fact game issued would be more important than the autograph looking good.

Looks like a legit issued autographed brees chargers jersey
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

What Does A Brees Charger jeresey Go For?

$4000 -$6000 but his first game Jersey sold recently for quite a bit more.

Wow!This Is Not The First Bree Gams Issued Jersey I Have Seen That Is Screen Printed Im Also Curious Why Would That Be?

thanks for all your help guys! i am actually looking to sell it. any idea what i can get for it?

I am by no means a Chargers expert, but if the Jersey had a reputable source saying that it was game issued (sitting in his locker ready for play), it could sell for $600-$1200. For example, if it sold as Game Issued through NFL Auctions.

You could try eBay or a Major Auction house and it would probably only fetch $300-$500 in an Auction format, maybe less after fees.

That said, the best way to sell it is directly to a collector that really wants it and is willing to pay a bit more.....maybe someone will reach out to you here, but without good provenance, I would certainly say under $1000 and maybe quite a bit under.

Just one mans opinion.....Football Jerseys are extremely volatile and I see prices all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    I am by no means a Chargers expert, but if the Jersey had a reputable source saying that it was game issued (sitting in his locker ready for play), it could sell for $600-$1200. For example, if it sold as Game Issued through NFL Auctions.

You could try eBay or a Major Auction house and it would probably only fetch $300-$500 in an Auction format, maybe less after fees.

That said, the best way to sell it is directly to a collector that really wants it and is willing to pay a bit more.....maybe someone will reach out to you here, but without good provenance, I would certainly say under $1000 and maybe quite a bit under.

Just one mans opinion.....Football Jerseys are extremely volatile and I see prices all over the place.
    These numbers sound about right. A modern star player's jersey with no provenance is always a red flag, because any NFL jersey worn by a star player in a game isn't going to legitimately hit the market without some kind of story and/or documentation. With that being said, I agree that there is a strong market for guys like Brees when it comes to player-customized authentics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com