Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Game Used Collecting Makes The Tabloids in Dispute over Kobe Bryant Items

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but if I was making over 100 million a year I'd be sure my parents didn't have a need to sell my childhood belongings.
    +1 Buy Mom a house and you're done. More to this story...

Banned

I don't think he "abandoned" the belongings at all and I'm sure if she said "hey I'm gonna auction this stuff off if you don't come and get it" he would have gone and got it.

I think he is going to win this.

Sad for Goldin but I think it's best to try get the 450k back and leave it at that

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but if I was making over 100 million a year I'd be sure my parents didn't have a need to sell my childhood belongings.
    +1

At the very least they should get a royalty off the marketing for naming him "Kobe"

I just hope Kobe doesn't pull an O.J. to get the stuff back.

Super Moderator

Ken Goldin has been around the block and was CEO of a publicly held company. i do not think he would file a suit against a high profile athlete like Kobe Bryant unless he was highly confident he was going to win' The fact that Kobe Bryant was trying to stop the sale and now says he wants these items certainly not only locks in authenticity, but increases desireability and value on the items. When the auction eventually takes place i think it will be new record prices for Goldin Auctions. If Kobe wants them, he can have someone bid on them... and that might really drive prices. It is certainly all over the news, I find it very interesting.

P.S. I left a bunch of late 80s and early 90s baseball cards at my parents' house. She can certainly try to sell them... good luck mom.

Banned

If you went to visit your parents and asked where your trophies were only to find out she sold them wouldn't you think that they weren't hers to sell but yours?

Banned

damn a suit against kobe!? i highly doubt he owns all his "stuff".. hes had a fued with his parents on again off again

Banned

If you leave your wallet at a restaurant does it become property of the restaurant? This isn't a case of finders-keepers this is his stuff. Unless he gave it to his mother (which she will have to prove) than its his stuff

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Takuleechch View Post
    If you leave your wallet at a restaurant does it become property of the restaurant? This isn't a case of finders-keepers this is his stuff. Unless he gave it to his mother (which she will have to prove) than its his stuff
    You mean if you left your wallet at a restaurant for 5-15 years and chose not to go retrieve it? That would be a no brainer... this situation is a little different.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dougiedshow View Post
    You mean if you left your wallet at a restaurant for 5-15 years and chose not to go retrieve it? That would be a no brainer... this situation is a little different.
    If that wallet had at least 1.5 million in it I would like to think I could still claim it