Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Buster Posey Game Used Bat Question

Thanks for all the help. I have only seen two or three other Posey GU bats without a date stamp. Except for the authentication with this bat I couldn't find any other info about when they were shipped/used.

The on-line catalogue list lengths of 32 in. and 33 in. as available options for the product... it is unclear whether 34 in. was an available option at some point in time.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MSpecht View Post
    The on-line catalogue list lengths of 32 in. and 33 in. as available options for the product... it is unclear whether 34 in. was an available option at some point in time.

Mike
    I believe LVS offers 34 inch player model bats, but that length typically sells better because of popularity and may just be out of stock - although that model should be out of production because of the brand/stamping transition.

A slew of new Posey model bats can be viewed at http://www.justbats.com
    - CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

There are a few 34"ers out there on line.

http://www.playersls.com/louisville-...-wood-bat.aspx

When Louisville Slugger started this line, the 125 in the centerbrand was always underlined. The most recent ones produced before the 2013 changes were not. So if Posey swings a 34"/31oz C243, it would be hard to tell whether or not is was produced for a MLB order or for this "pro bat" line. They might even be overruns purposely produced for retail. BMH would know. Just trying to be helpful.

Has anyone seen the retail bats in person? I ran across a similar bat for another player but it did not have the MLB logo on the reverse of the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by plinvestments View Post
    Has anyone seen the retail bats in person? I ran across a similar bat for another player but it did not have the MLB logo on the reverse of the barrel.
    I actually picked up a 32in bat for autograph just because it was almost 1/2 the price of all the other ones (and can't really seem to find a 34 anymore) I can take more pictures when I'm home and can check if it has the MLB logo cuz I don't quite remember...

Mike Indicates That Posey Signed His LVS contract In Jan 2009. Brian Hillerich Posted In a Thread Here Under Bat Shipping Records That he Signed It In ST 2009... I Have A 2009 Block Posey with a 7169 Stamped Knob Model s318...
    Steve Smith
    Sacramento CA
    916-216-4435
    steve@sfbats.net

Hi Steve--

Posey's personal H & B records document that his first order of signature model bats was dated 1/7/09. Prior to that, three orders of block letter bats dated between 8/18/08 and 9/30/08 were shipped. Of additional interest are two orders of block letter bats along with two orders of signature model bats shipped to Posey on 12/15/09.

Documented orders of S318 (cupped) bats shipped to Posey around that time are dated 4/13/09 (Signature model w/ Gwynn finish), 7/7/09 (Signature w/ Natural finish), 8/5/09 (Signature w/ FB-no lacquer finish) , 8/6/09 (Signature w/ FB-no lacquer finish) and 12/15/09 ( 6 Block letter and 6 Signature w/ natural finish.)

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com