Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post
I continue to see various posts where some collectors set their comfort levels strictly to "photomatching" and/or provenance from the team or league. That is fine, but please keep in mind that there are a lot of collectors who were in the hobby before there were numerous photos readily available, before COAs and authenticating services were widespread, before the internet existed, before cell phones, etc., etc., etc. These collectors learned a lot about game-used uniforms in a completely different manner than, perhaps, many collectors who have entered the hobby over the past decade. There is neither a "better" or "worse" way of setting one's comfort level and parameters other than to say that there are different ways of looking at uniforms and gaining a comfort level. What works and seems logical to one collector might not be the way the next collector does things.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Well said.

I have been collecting GU for 30 years, while I am not an expert, (I have learned much in my short time here), I trust my instincts more than someone elses opinion on a COA.