Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Framing help

Banned

Framing help

Excuse my ignorance but where is the best/cheapest place to get a jersey framed. Has anybody ever used hobby lobby or places like that?

Re: Framing help

I had a couple framed at Aaron Brothers and they turned out very nice. Gotta wait for the half of sale as they are a little spendy($500-$600). Also be specific about how they mount the jersey so they don't put stitches or holes in the jersey. My local guy attaches them in the stitching so it can't be seen if the jersey is taken out of the frame.

I used MICHAELS custom framing when they have 50% off + 50% additional.

Cant go wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
    I used MICHAELS custom framing when they have 50% off + 50% additional.

Cant go wrong with that.
    Any pics of the frame job? I have been contemplating going this route.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NeonStatus View Post
    Any pics of the frame job? I have been contemplating going this route.
    Yea I'd like to see a pic too if that's ok

I have a jersey that i want framed also i was at the tri star show in san francisco on april 20 and they had a jersey framing special for $149 i regret not doing it

Just bought an off the rack 40 X 30 with about 2.75 depth inside case at hobby lobby on sale "half off" for $75. Hobby lobby has sales like this all the time. Black color only. Comes with pins or you can put a hook at top to hang from the inside. I don't know if you are going to get any lower than that.

For the future - you can also buy a sale frame from them off the shelf and they will mat out your photo for you for about $10-$15. Great for Auto's, etc.. Total comes to about $30 for Frame and matting if you buy frame at 40%-50% off.
    Good Luck - from the "Photo Match Guy" LOL!

I was looking at all the best ways to do it and personally I dislike the flat pancaked look.. As per why I opted for a 6 inch deep plexi glass shadow box. Clear all around and I used a proform jersey display (basically a half mannequin). But thicker and comes with mounting hardware .. I got that for 39$ online at profile jersey display .com And had the case custom made for 140$. And I think it looks sweet. Makes the jersey look fuller and more presented and I can always take out to show both sides and all wear marks etc.. Can always choose a different back panel if need be as well. Colors fabrics paint. Whatever.. I left mine clear because I custom painted my walls and think it looks good with the jerseys.. I will talk pics and post later on.. Hope this gives you an idea.. Good luck.. All depends what look you like or are looking for.. Some of the flat custom frame jerseys look awesome just can't take it out or see the wear on both sides..

Here's one pic more coming
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Photo 2
    Attached Images Attached Images