Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Angry Re: Mothers day game used pink MLB baseballs????

I couldn't get to last night's game at the Cell, so I will likley be going without. While I support breast cancer awareness, the Komen Foundation (the recipients of MLB's fund-raising efforts) is on my charity boycott list for political reasons. I only forsee myself maybe getting one or two through collector-run sales or auctions.

Dave Miedema

Re: Mothers day game used pink MLB baseballs????

Just spoke to someone w/ the Giants and he told me MLB asked them to ship a few of the pink MLB balls. So it looks like an auction is close if anyone is interested..

Our family was at the game Sunday and I bought a ball (pitched by Jaime Garcia to Troy Tulowitzki) on Monday. My wife was diagnosed with early stage breast cancer two weeks ago. Fortunately, her prognosis is good. Thirty years from now, I hope she'll look at this ball and remember the summer she kicked cancer's ass.

anything out there for less than 50?

Quote Originally Posted by momen55 View Post
    I just got my Mother's Day baseballs from the Tigers. I got a Miggy fouled ball and two game ready baseballs. The game ready baseballs show use (maybe batting practice???) and were $35 each plus shipping. Marc is on vacation so he won't be able to fill the order right away but he is answering emails.

Quote Originally Posted by momen55 View Post
    I have 2 game ready balls from Citi Field / NY Mets available. Comparably priced to Tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    Our family was at the game Sunday and I bought a ball (pitched by Jaime Garcia to Troy Tulowitzki) on Monday. My wife was diagnosed with early stage breast cancer two weeks ago. Fortunately, her prognosis is good. Thirty years from now, I hope she'll look at this ball and remember the summer she kicked cancer's ass.

Your attitude and your wife's resolve sound fantastic. Let this Reds fan vocalize exactly what I'm sure we're all thinking. We on the board all send our support in anticipation that the ball will symbolize exactly that ass-kicking (overcoming cancer).

God bless you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by dplettn View Post
    Your attitude and your wife's resolve sound fantastic. Let this Reds fan vocalize exactly what I'm sure we're all thinking. We on the board all send our support in anticipation that the ball will symbolize exactly that ass-kicking (overcoming cancer).

God bless you and your family.
    +1 It's a long road but keep up the positive thoughts! Good luck to you and your wife Jeff! We are all praying for her! Keep us posted.

Peace!

John

Quote Originally Posted by shafrancollectibles.com View Post
    I have 2 game ready balls from Citi Field / NY Mets available. Comparably priced to Tigers.
    email me please. oldz70@yahoo.com. thank you.

Cool to see a few getting out already in collectors hands. Love look of them.
    None yet on MLB auctions.

Game ready balls would not be used in BP. The home team have to rub down and have a bunch ready for game time.

So far Cards and Tigers have been selling them. Any other teams?