Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mothers day game used pink MLB baseballs????

Did they use these pink laced with pink writing on them in games today? If so those will be great game used collectibles.
    Saw this picture on Yahoo..
    http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/mlb-c...9791--mlb.html

Re: Mothers day game used pink MLB baseballs????

Highland Mint sent out an email a few days ago where you could reserve a game used ball from a game of your choosing.....$299
    -Randy
    rborrero14 at gmail.com

What is Higland Mint connection to these baseballs.
    I would think they will be sold on MLB.com auctions with other Mothers Day game used stuff. Wonder if any home run baseballs got collected and authenticated. Collectors will have chance now to get both pink bats and baseballs that they hit. Pretty cool to see them.

Maybe even some teams will have them in their team stores for sale.

they always sell the bats on mlb.com/auctions this is the first year with the pink stitched balls i believe so i don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick14 View Post
    Highland Mint sent out an email a few days ago where you could reserve a game used ball from a game of your choosing.....$299
    I received the same email as I'm sure most here did. I am excited to add one of these authenticated gamers to my collection but at $299 it's out of my reach. I'll wait for some to hit Ebay and save myself some $$$. I wonder at $299 if the ball will actually be a generic authentication as just game used or an actual base hit by a decent player?

did anyone see if any catcher was using pink gear? i wouldn't mind a set as well as a couple balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley2010 View Post
    I received the same email as I'm sure most here did. I am excited to add one of these authenticated gamers to my collection but at $299 it's out of my reach. I'll wait for some to hit Ebay and save myself some $$$. I wonder at $299 if the ball will actually be a generic authentication as just game used or an actual base hit by a decent player?
    They can be purchased for much cheaper. The Tigers have been advertising at $100 for a ball from their game.
    - CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

I was lucky enough to get two balls from the Twins/Orioles game (Trevor Plouffe even signed one for me). I also have a friend who said that he bought one from the Twins game-used stand for $30. Not a bad price at all, considering that an un-used ball a case will cost the same.

(Pix of my Pink Mother's Day balls can be seen here: http://plouffesnewhairdo.mlblogs.com...5-may-12-2013/)

i found some for 50, but still expensive. mlb will probably used them again next year. they want to see how much money they can generate from this sale.

where did you find them available at?