Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Joey Votto Player Collection

All I can say is wow!

Wow!! I am jealous of the both of you for sure! Definitely nice collections guys...

I know it's NOT MUCH at all but it's my first Votto GU item.

Votto flyout bottom 5th inning vs Cubs 5/25/13
    It was used in the 30th win of the season.

Thanks guys! I know Ryan and I work hard to put together stellar collections - glad you enjoy them.
    - CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

I'm gonna have to dig out my Bruce stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by rdeversole View Post
    Thanks guys! I know Ryan and I work hard to put together stellar collections - glad you enjoy them.

PROFESSIONAL CINCINNATI REDS COLLECTOR, free of absurd posturing.

Eversole: Your positioning brings a perplexed look to my face. While you have (at one time or another) owned far more Votto items than most actual Votto collectors ever will, can you please be open about what you call being a “Professional” collector… you are factually right now selling Votto hit balls to the highest bidder on eBay while simultaneously tagging your posts here that you are paying top dollar for all Votto items. What happened to your other Votto bats, your St Patty’s day hat, your hit ball vs the Indians?

I’m reminded of ticket scalpers on my way into Great American ballpark who hold a sign in one hand which reads “I need tickets”, while holding out 50 tickets in the other. Lots of collectors barter on occasion but don’t (like you) need to register a URLs for their business enterprise. There is nothing wrong with being a dealer either, just don’t pretend to be some (professional) prurient collector for being kind enough to share pictures of your merchandise.

This was and still can be a nice thread… I hope that you back of the BS meter and collectors broadly will choose to post some great items over time without fearing pointing people to your free advertising. But I for one can’t justify sharing on a thread where a dealer is posturing as some communal collector and tagging his posts with his “I need tickets” sign.

If anybody is selling Votto stuff and wants “top dollar”, they can skip the dealer and sell directly to focused collectors who don’t need to make a margin. In addition to myself (plettner at fuse net) there are plenty of other Votto collectors. If the item doesn’t fit one collector's focus or current budget, we collectors will usually refer you directly to another collector who is most interested in your item and doesn’t need to make a profit margin, or a reputable and forthcoming dealer.

Attached is a photo of the focused Votto centerpiece among the current reds display at the Reds Hall of Fame. This particular Votto focused display includes the rookie season 20th HR ball, the 3 HR and Walkoff Grand Slam 2012 Mother's Day Jersey, and the Fielding Glove last worn at the '06 MLB Futures Game. There is lots more to see in an adjacent more diversified display. Votto items from multiple forum members collections are currently on display for all to share and enjoy.

Go Votto and Go Hobby!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Brucefan32 View Post
    I'm gonna have to dig out my Bruce stuff!
    You should - It would fit right in here with the Votto and Phillips threads. If I recall you have a some of those 125th stamped Bruce bats? Those are always a favorite of mine.
    - CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS

I'll have to post an updated group shot of my Bruce bat's as well
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Isn't this the same pair of cleats available from eBay member rdeversole today for sale that GUU member rdeversole showed off on this very thread as a "highlight" of his collection this week?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Joey-Vo.../271216465380?

What a "collection".... What a "collector"...

Nice Looking Cleats!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rdeversole View Post
    Yeah - the jersey is from 2010. It was used during the regular season and postseason. MLB authenticated as used in NLDS Game 1. I also have the photmatched pants and hat from the same game.

The full '10 uniform.... awesome!
    Gary
    gashlockusmc@yahoo.com

Always looking for Atlanta Braves & St Louis Blues game used stuff, old and current stars