Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Legit Check: Kobe sz 46 Autograph

Unless they tampered with the PSA Sticker, it is 100% authentic

and, considering Kobe signed 10,000+ items for them at $2 each as opposed to the $100 he was likely getting from everyone else at the time, you can see why they would be rushed

Wow Ken! That's great info. That's why I love this forum and that's why I love your auctions!

Quote Originally Posted by 42itus View Post
    Wow Ken! That's great info. That's why I love this forum and that's why I love your auctions!
    Sounds like I got a steal then for an autographed procut authentic for $395!

I would take a screen shot of Ken's comments and keep it for your provenance in case the legitimacy comes up. A great pickup for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by 42itus View Post
    I would take a screen shot of Ken's comments and keep it for your provenance in case the legitimacy comes up. A great pickup for sure!
    That is a great idea. Just for the record, here is the jersey in question:

PSA almost always puts the PSA sticker on the numbers when a jersey is signed, plus it looks as if their is sticker residue on the jersey from the psa sticker.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was pulled off a legit item and placed on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey24fan View Post
    PSA almost always puts the PSA sticker on the numbers when a jersey is signed, plus it looks as if their is sticker residue on the jersey from the psa sticker.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was pulled off a legit item and placed on this.
    Sticker looks old and faded, it is 12 years old now. Jersey moving around alot, could shift under the sticker and show residue.

Plus, if you were going to remove a sticker off authentic numbers and place on a duplicate, why wouldn't you put the sticker also on the number?

I would be worried in that I cant find another Kobe PSA/DNA with the last name signed under the first. Its easy enough to switch stickers from one jersey to another as it has been said here. Also, its far from rare and they seem to sell for less than this one so for that reason alone why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by mdube16 View Post
    I would be worried in that I cant find another Kobe PSA/DNA with the last name signed under the first. Its easy enough to switch stickers from one jersey to another as it has been said here. Also, its far from rare and they seem to sell for less than this one so for that reason alone why bother?
    This PSA ball was signed at the same autograph event...

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...ookie-ball-psa

Quote Originally Posted by mdube16 View Post
    Here is another PSA auto, very similar with last name and same style, and sticker on bottom fabric, just like this one. PSA/DNA cert shows this jersey was signed at the same exact event as the one I bought.

http://www.frontlinedivsports.com/Ko...y-p/kobej8.htm

http://www.psacard.com/DNACert/9A03955