Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lewi1913
    • May 2013

Legit Check: Kobe sz 46 Autograph

Hey everyone, new here and looking for some help.

The price seems too good to be true, which is why I didn't pay yet. However, the auto checks out on PSA/DNA, and the jersey looks to be a real authentic pro cut, albeit not Kobe's size for that year. Please help, thanks!

--
    Shawn
  • simmo2332
    • Aug 2011

Re: Legit Check: Kobe sz 46 Autograph

stay away

Comment

• lewi1913
      • May 2013

Originally posted by simmo2332
      stay away
      Can you provide any more insight than that? Autograph checks out from PSA...

Comment

• simmo2332
        • Aug 2011

In my opinion, the signature is forged. That typically does not look like his typical Kobe or much less his Bryant. Just because PSA/DNA passed it does not mean it isn't fake.

Looks like they did a signing there with Kobe or so the seller said. Why wouldn't there be a photograph of Kobe signing stuff for them? Just doesn't add up.

Too many red flags honestly.

Comment

• simmo2332
          • Aug 2011

In my opinion, the signature is forged. That typically does not look like his typical Kobe or much less his Bryant. Just because PSA/DNA passed it does not mean it isn't fake.

Looks like they did a signing there with Kobe or so the seller said. Why wouldn't there be a photograph of Kobe signing stuff for them? Just doesn't add up.

Too many red flags honestly.
          This is a normal Kobe Bryant auto full sig

Comment

• lewi1913
            • May 2013

I believe PSA had a private signing with him on 6/22/01, from what I have googled...

Comment

• lewi1913
              • May 2013

Also, I believe the PSA info means that they witnessed the signing, since it has the date, location, etc. Normally if you send an autograph in, it doesn't include that info.

Comment

• simmo2332
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by lewi1913
                I believe PSA had a private signing with him on 6/22/01, from what I have googled...

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...ookie-ball-psa

I still stand by what I said to stay away. The "Bryant" is nothing near his normal "Bryant" and the Kobe just looks off.

I don't have a dog in the fight but $400 is a lot to waste on something you are already questioning. Just my .02

Comment

• KGoldin
                  • Sep 2012

I still stand by what I said to stay away. The "Bryant" is nothing near his normal "Bryant" and the Kobe just looks off.

I don't have a dog in the fight but $400 is a lot to waste on something you are already questioning. Just my .02
                  I want to help a new member out.
                  If the autograph is from an in person PSA signing in 2001 it is 10000000% legit.
                  Kobe had a lawsuit and settled with a company called Oxxford Express and as a result had to sign a very large # of autographs at $2 each. I know...because my name was on the contract that Oxxford purchased and then sued to enforce. I guess I wrote a good contract back in 1996 when he signed it.
                  Anyway, they had tens of thousand of legitimate autographs and because upper deck had Kobe exclusively, they used PSA to witness their signings so customers would know it was real.

regards
                  Ken Goldin

Comment

• lewi1913
                    • May 2013

Originally posted by KGoldin
                    I want to help a new member out.
                    If the autograph is from an in person PSA signing in 2001 it is 10000000% legit.
                    Kobe had a lawsuit and settled with a company called Oxxford Express and as a result had to sign a very large # of autographs at $2 each. I know...because my name was on the contract that Oxxford purchased and then sued to enforce. I guess I wrote a good contract back in 1996 when he signed it.
                    Anyway, they had tens of thousand of legitimate autographs and because upper deck had Kobe exclusively, they used PSA to witness their signings so customers would know it was real.

regards
                    Ken Goldin
                    So this is definitely authentic?

Comment

• KGoldin
                      • Sep 2012

Unless they tampered with the PSA Sticker, it is 100% authentic

and, considering Kobe signed 10,000+ items for them at $2 each as opposed to the $100 he was likely getting from everyone else at the time, you can see why they would be rushed

Comment

• 42itus
                        • Feb 2013

Wow Ken! That's great info. That's why I love this forum and that's why I love your auctions!

Comment

• lewi1913
                          • May 2013

Originally posted by 42itus
                          Wow Ken! That's great info. That's why I love this forum and that's why I love your auctions!
                          Sounds like I got a steal then for an autographed procut authentic for $395!

Comment

• 42itus
                            • Feb 2013

I would take a screen shot of Ken's comments and keep it for your provenance in case the legitimacy comes up. A great pickup for sure!

Comment

• lewi1913
                              • May 2013

Originally posted by 42itus
                              I would take a screen shot of Ken's comments and keep it for your provenance in case the legitimacy comes up. A great pickup for sure!
                              That is a great idea. Just for the record, here is the jersey in question:

Comment

Working...