Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Legit Check: Kobe sz 46 Autograph

Hey everyone, new here and looking for some help.

The price seems too good to be true, which is why I didn't pay yet. However, the auto checks out on PSA/DNA, and the jersey looks to be a real authentic pro cut, albeit not Kobe's size for that year. Please help, thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171040894741...84.m1423.l2649

--
    Shawn

Re: Legit Check: Kobe sz 46 Autograph

stay away

Quote Originally Posted by simmo2332 View Post
    stay away
    Can you provide any more insight than that? Autograph checks out from PSA...

In my opinion, the signature is forged. That typically does not look like his typical Kobe or much less his Bryant. Just because PSA/DNA passed it does not mean it isn't fake.

Looks like they did a signing there with Kobe or so the seller said. Why wouldn't there be a photograph of Kobe signing stuff for them? Just doesn't add up.

Too many red flags honestly.

In my opinion, the signature is forged. That typically does not look like his typical Kobe or much less his Bryant. Just because PSA/DNA passed it does not mean it isn't fake.

Looks like they did a signing there with Kobe or so the seller said. Why wouldn't there be a photograph of Kobe signing stuff for them? Just doesn't add up.

Too many red flags honestly.
    This is a normal Kobe Bryant auto full sig

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KOBE-BRYANT-...#ht_1486wt_934

I believe PSA had a private signing with him on 6/22/01, from what I have googled...

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...ookie-ball-psa

Also, I believe the PSA info means that they witnessed the signing, since it has the date, location, etc. Normally if you send an autograph in, it doesn't include that info.

Quote Originally Posted by lewi1913 View Post
    I believe PSA had a private signing with him on 6/22/01, from what I have googled...

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...ookie-ball-psa

I still stand by what I said to stay away. The "Bryant" is nothing near his normal "Bryant" and the Kobe just looks off.

I don't have a dog in the fight but $400 is a lot to waste on something you are already questioning. Just my .02

I still stand by what I said to stay away. The "Bryant" is nothing near his normal "Bryant" and the Kobe just looks off.

I don't have a dog in the fight but $400 is a lot to waste on something you are already questioning. Just my .02
    I want to help a new member out.
    If the autograph is from an in person PSA signing in 2001 it is 10000000% legit.
    Kobe had a lawsuit and settled with a company called Oxxford Express and as a result had to sign a very large # of autographs at $2 each. I know...because my name was on the contract that Oxxford purchased and then sued to enforce. I guess I wrote a good contract back in 1996 when he signed it.
    Anyway, they had tens of thousand of legitimate autographs and because upper deck had Kobe exclusively, they used PSA to witness their signings so customers would know it was real.

regards
    Ken Goldin

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    I want to help a new member out.
    If the autograph is from an in person PSA signing in 2001 it is 10000000% legit.
    Kobe had a lawsuit and settled with a company called Oxxford Express and as a result had to sign a very large # of autographs at $2 each. I know...because my name was on the contract that Oxxford purchased and then sued to enforce. I guess I wrote a good contract back in 1996 when he signed it.
    Anyway, they had tens of thousand of legitimate autographs and because upper deck had Kobe exclusively, they used PSA to witness their signings so customers would know it was real.

regards
    Ken Goldin
    So this is definitely authentic?