Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Eddie Jones lakers ebay

There is a bad eddie jones making the rounds again on ebay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Auth...#ht_405wt_1161

The NOB letter fonts are off,,, those type of lettering were not used until the 2nd half of 96/97 season. collectors beware

Re: Eddie Jones lakers ebay

Any chance it could have been used/recycled in the 96/97 season and have had the name redone by the team ?? ?

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Eddie Jones lakers ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    Any chance it could have been used/recycled in the 96/97 season and have had the name redone by the team ?? ?
    If it was recycled and re-used in 1996-97 I would expect to see the metallic gold version of the NBA logo on the left chest (NBA 50th Anniversary), not the standard red/white/blue version.

Dave Miedema

Interesting Dave. I have limited knowledge in basketball gamers but looks like I learned something new. Cheers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    absolutely not... eddie jones changed his number to #6 year or two before 96/97 season due to the retirement of #25 in honor of goodrich

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    If it was recycled and re-used in 1996-97 I would expect to see the metallic gold version of the NBA logo on the left chest (NBA 50th Anniversary), not the standard red/white/blue version.

Dave Miedema

that is true dave,, but there were games,especially early on in the season,that some players had the red,white,and blue logo where some players wore the gold logo... I let a good shaq go b/c it didnt have a gold logo,years down the road i found a pic on getty that had shaq wearing the red,white and blue logo while other players had the gold logo

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post

Dave Miedema
    This wasn't always the case.

Banned

Cool Re: Eddie Jones lakers ebay

Mickey and Chuck:

I have seen a few examples of these anomalies as well; I just would not accept such a jersey without a style-match photo such as Chuck provided for Kobe and Shaq.

Dave M.

Dave and Mickey, speaking of the 96-97 anomalies, there was one picture I saw many moons ago...I believe it was a pic of a few Suns players. One had the regular Jerry logo, one had the Gold Jerry embroidered logo, and one had the regular Jerry logo with a Gold Jerry patch over. Just for my own confirmation, if you happen across the pic, let me know, it confounds me and at the same time awes me every time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckFoPrez View Post
    Dave and Mickey, speaking of the 96-97 anomalies, there was one picture I saw many moons ago...I believe it was a pic of a few Suns players. One had the regular Jerry logo, one had the Gold Jerry embroidered logo, and one had the regular Jerry logo with a Gold Jerry patch over. Just for my own confirmation, if you happen across the pic, let me know, it confounds me and at the same time awes me every time.
    Chuck,,that is correct...there are the regular red white and blue logo,,,the machine stiched on gold logo and a gold logo patch sewn over the red white and blue machine stitched patch..such as the one i have pictured
    Attached Images Attached Images