Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Recent Autograph Pickups

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnbikes View Post
    The newest autograph of the best hitter in baseball. I was happy to get this but a guy I know got a bat handed directly to him from Cabrera in the dugout. I saw it myself.
    Good job on the Miggy graph. I've heard he's hard to track down
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Wasn't able to get a pic with him as his guy was taking stuff on the bus to get signed, but today was a good day meeting Ice Cube.

Signed 8x10 and 11x14
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Not as big on autos as i used to be, but couldn't pass up a 8x10 of my favorite ball player Mel Hall

Quote Originally Posted by 5toolplayer View Post
    Good job on the Miggy graph. I've heard he's hard to track down
    Thanks man. I have real good luck at Kauffman Stadium. I got him twice last year. I got your boy Trout twice last year and twice this year. Over the years I've gotten several stars. The only one I haven't been able to get is Jeter. Time is running out on him.

Does Cabrera sign before bp or after he does his stretches? I heard he's a great signer. As far as Jeter goes, GOOD LUCK. I've been trying to get that guy for years and have only ever seen him sign a few autos...mainly for people that know him.

When I got him last year, he signed every day as he was walking in. I have only got him inside once and that was this year and only because I was standing with a guy who knows him. He didn't sign at all walking in. I saw him sign 2 walking out and through the 3 game series, I saw him sign a total of 6 autographs. 3 were to guys that he knew, the 2 when he was walking out and mine. I have heard that he'll sign more as the season goes on. I'm going to try again next time he's here but trying for a 2012 All Star jersey number this time.

Banned

Angry Re: Recent Autograph Pickups

Quote Originally Posted by ChiBosox05 View Post
    As far as Jeter goes, GOOD LUCK. I've been trying to get that guy for years and have only ever seen him sign a few autos...mainly for people that know him.
    You said it. I don't EVER recall seeing Jeter sign during BP at the Cell. Can't say about the hotels, as I respect the visiting team's privacy.

Dave Miedema

Ya that's for sure. I've been after him for about 10 years. I got all of the other good Yankees but never him. I'm not sure I've ever seen him sign.

I'll try Cabrera in a few weeks when they come to comiskey. Thankfully, they're coming here this month, next month and in Sept. I have a few items but not a whole lot. I hope he hasn't gotten harder since last season.

I heard Jeter signs at the hotel, but I'm not that desperate, and it's very rare. I agree with Dave, I respect player privacy and leave the hotels to the dealers.

I use to do the hotels but for past few years only do the ballpark unless I find out that a player only signs at the hotel - which many do.

They feel that the Ballpark is their 'work' and have mentioned outside Coors Field that they only sign at the hotel.

So it can go both ways.

- Smitty