Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sportsnbikes
    • Sep 2012

Re: Recent Autograph Pickups

When I got him last year, he signed every day as he was walking in. I have only got him inside once and that was this year and only because I was standing with a guy who knows him. He didn't sign at all walking in. I saw him sign 2 walking out and through the 3 game series, I saw him sign a total of 6 autographs. 3 were to guys that he knew, the 2 when he was walking out and mine. I have heard that he'll sign more as the season goes on. I'm going to try again next time he's here but trying for a 2012 All Star jersey number this time.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
      Banned
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ChiBosox05
      As far as Jeter goes, GOOD LUCK. I've been trying to get that guy for years and have only ever seen him sign a few autos...mainly for people that know him.
      You said it. I don't EVER recall seeing Jeter sign during BP at the Cell. Can't say about the hotels, as I respect the visiting team's privacy.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• sportsnbikes
        • Sep 2012

Ya that's for sure. I've been after him for about 10 years. I got all of the other good Yankees but never him. I'm not sure I've ever seen him sign.

Comment

• ChiBosox05
          • May 2013

I'll try Cabrera in a few weeks when they come to comiskey. Thankfully, they're coming here this month, next month and in Sept. I have a few items but not a whole lot. I hope he hasn't gotten harder since last season.

I heard Jeter signs at the hotel, but I'm not that desperate, and it's very rare. I agree with Dave, I respect player privacy and leave the hotels to the dealers.

Comment

• xpress34
            • Sep 2008

I use to do the hotels but for past few years only do the ballpark unless I find out that a player only signs at the hotel - which many do.

They feel that the Ballpark is their 'work' and have mentioned outside Coors Field that they only sign at the hotel.

So it can go both ways.

- Smitty

Comment

• sportsnbikes
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by ChiBosox05
              I'll try Cabrera in a few weeks when they come to comiskey. Thankfully, they're coming here this month, next month and in Sept. I have a few items but not a whole lot. I hope he hasn't gotten harder since last season.

I heard Jeter signs at the hotel, but I'm not that desperate, and it's very rare. I agree with Dave, I respect player privacy and leave the hotels to the dealers.
              I was is Chicago for the home opener against the Royals. I stayed at the same hotel as the Royals but didn't ask for a single autograph. I just didn't feel right doing it. I talked with almost every player I saw but no autographs. I did notice that they allowed people to stand outside behind a rope and several players signed walking out towards the bus. It may be your best chance to get him. But, in KC he has a driver drive him so he may not take the bus in Chi-town if he has one there too.

Comment

• ChiBosox05
                • May 2013

That's true about some players only signing at hotels. I just couldn't get myself to do it....and I won't pay $300 for jeter or pujols either

Last time I tried the yanks, only 2 people signed inside.. Girardi and Mr. October. I was more than happy getting those 2.

As far as NL players go, I'm SOL since wrigley doesn't allow people to go near the dugouts and I refuse to set foot in that dump.

Comment

• helf35
                  • Jul 2013

Never seen one like this with all 3 players on it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• earlywynnfan
                    • Oct 2005

The autos aren't new, but I just got these back from my painter.

Ken
                    Attached Files

Comment

• ChiBosox05
                      • May 2013

No luck with Miggy today. I also heard he didn't sign outside. Inside during bp, he recognized some people who were at the hotel and got pissed. However, Prince signed a few after he hit and I was one of those few. I hope Miggy is in a better mood the next 2 games.

Comment

• jake33
                        • Nov 2005

Gregg zaun 09 rays game used helmet, and 09 rays locker nameplate. Sent these both to Gregg's foundation + donation and got them back pretty quickly. Inscription on the helmet looks nice too!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• DJaeger22
                          • Oct 2010

I got these two the other night from Mets prospect, Brandon Nimmo. Now I just need George Springer on the Baseball America to "complete" it.
                          Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
                          jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

Comment

• 3arod13
                            • Apr 2006

Picked this up last week. Love Derek Jeter's early signature.
                            Attached Files
                            Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• dylanharr
                              • May 2010

Here is 1 one of my recent autograph pickups

George Springer mini helmet

Comment

• ChiBosox05
                                • May 2013

So...after going to 7 of 9 games against the Tigers here at Comiskey, I finally got Cabrera..whoopeee! He finally signed walking in, and it was the ONLY time he did. From what the others told me, he has become extremely tough and it's because of the dealers at the hotel and people double dipping. Yeah, he does keep track of who he has signed for. Still, he's my fave player.

Comment

Working...