Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Sending Private Messages

That may work for some, but not everyone wants to post their e-mail address on a public forum.

Quote Originally Posted by icollectDCsports View Post
    That may work for some, but not everyone wants to post their e-mail address on a public forum.
    Hello icollect,

I think you may be referring to BTPH's post about putting your email address in your signature. If so, I have just posted instructions for enabling the private message function. You can find the instructions here:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...7&postcount=10

Sincerely,
    Chris

Thanks Chris,
    After checking my settings and finding they too were not allowing others to PM me, I made the necessary changes.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    Hello icollect,

I think you may be referring to BTPH's post about putting your email address in your signature. If so, I have just posted instructions for enabling the private message function. You can find the instructions here:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...7&postcount=10

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Chris:
    Thanks very much. I've adjusted my settings, including allowing myself to get email notifications whenever I get a private message. I don't think I've ever adjusted these settings before, and I wonder if perhaps a lot of other members also have not adjusted their notification preferences so that they'd know when they have messages.
    Thanks again.

Private messages??????

Sorry, dont know where else to post this. Recently I've tried to send private messages to numerous people only to have the system tell me that the member has elected not to receive pm's

what does everyone have against them?

Re: Private messages??????

I've tried too. Not sure why everyone seems to be blocking them.

I don't think that function works. I've heard more than one person complain about it...myself included. I've got my private messages enabled, so you can try shooting me one, just to check. But I don't think it will work.

If I'm trying to contact someone, I have to do a search for their user name and then start going thru their posts, hoping one of them includes an email contact.

Arrow Re: Private messages??????

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Sorry, dont know where else to post this. Recently I've tried to send private messages to numerous people only to have the system tell me that the member has elected not to receive pm's

what does everyone have against them?
    Hello Vintage,
    just email me and let me know if u want the Nick Johnson game used Nats bat. mtneville@worldnet.att.net
    Thanks,
    Michael T. Neville

My collection of bats,jersey's,ball's,etc.
    http://www.freewebs.com/negleypirate/

I collect game used stuff of Pittsburgh Pirates,Penguins,Steelers and Michael Jordan cards....

mtneville@att.net

4neville4@gmail.com

Why dont everyone just start posting their email address and people wont have to PM. Funny how people post stuff for sale but no way of getting in touch with them other than the board.

Jason

ripken8@bellsouth.net

The problem with posting email addresses on a public forum like this is that anyone or any thing (computers) can read and collect it. This is how you get on SPAM lists. Has anyone asked the moderator or administrator about the Private Message function?

Also some other forums allow you to make your email address available in your profile.

If you want to show your email address there are a few ways to hide it but one of the more common is to spell it out like this:

yourname (at) domain dot com

Anyone with half a brain can figure out how to contact you but the spam bots can't read that as an email address.