Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PeteRose14

Re: Private messages??????

Quote Originally Posted by MooseDog View Post
    The problem with posting email addresses on a public forum like this is that anyone or any thing (computers) can read and collect it. This is how you get on SPAM lists. Has anyone asked the moderator or administrator about the Private Message function?

Also some other forums allow you to make your email address available in your profile.

If you want to show your email address there are a few ways to hide it but one of the more common is to spell it out like this:

yourname (at) domain dot com

Anyone with half a brain can figure out how to contact you but the spam bots can't read that as an email address.
    Good call Moose! Fixed mine.

Thanks
    Jay

Jay - I see you are a Zimmerman fan. Where are you from?

PeteRose14

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Jay - I see you are a Zimmerman fan. Where are you from?
    Originally - NJ

I'm a transplant Now in Va.

Not a Nationals fan, not yet lol But I like Zimm. Good kid, good player.

Hello Everyone,

I believe we may have discussed this topic a while back. If I'm not mistaken, I think the system default is to not allow private messaging so that people won't be sent messages without their consent. I believe that is intended for the benefit (and privacy rights) of each member. However, if you do want to enable private messaging, you can do so by going to your profile and allowing it.

I believe these are the steps you can take to enable private messaging:

1) Login and go to the forum page,
    2) Click on the 'User CP' link in the forum navigation (it is on the top left corner of the page),
    3) On the left side menu under 'Control Panel' click on 'Edit Options',
    4) Scroll down and under 'Messaging & Notification' you will see and area entitled 'Private Messaging'. In that area, click on the checkbox entitled 'Enable Private Messaging'. There are also other options in that area you can select as well.

Please note that the system is set up so that only those wishing to receive such messages will do so. Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,
    Chris

PeteRose14

I turned my PM's on, so if anyone wants to give it a test run...go ahead.

Chris,

I had sent in a request for a ID change. I'd like to change from PeteRose14 to RyanZimmerman11. Can that be taken care of?

Thanks,
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by PeteRose14 View Post
    I had sent in a request for a ID change. I'd like to change from PeteRose14 to RyanZimmerman11. Can that be taken care of?
    Hello Jay,

I just sent you an email that addresses a few of your questions including the one above.

Sincerely,
    Chris

PeteRose14

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    Hello Jay,

I just sent you an email that addresses a few of your questions including the one above.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Will check it now.

Thanks,
    Jay

RyanZimmerman11

Just so everyone knows, this is PeteRose14. I was given permission to make a new account with my new name. The old account will be deleted soon.

Thanks ,
    Jay

Jay,

I'm originally from NJ too and now I live in Richmond, Va. I'm a big Nats fan (and Yankees - born in the Bronx!). Zimmerman is a fave of mine too. My son loves him too.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Jay,

I'm originally from NJ too and now I live in Richmond, Va. I'm a big Nats fan (and Yankees - born in the Bronx!). Zimmerman is a fave of mine too. My son loves him too.

Jim
    Cool. I love in Chesapeake, VA. You're also a Yankee fan...great!