Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sending Private Messages

What's the default setting for the board?

When I first joined, I could email other members. The last 3 times I've tried, I get the message that this member's preference is NOT to receive private messages.

Just curious.

Re: Sending Private Messages

I've had some trouble utilizing this feature, as well.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

same here

If you login, then click USER CP at the upper left of the page. Then go to EDIT OPTIONS, you can see what is checked and unchecked.

Could someone try emailing me thru the system just to see if it works when private emails are enabled?

I just tried sending one and it didn't work.

Obviously, Lou Lampson has hacked the site so we can no longer communicate with each other "privately".

He's good. Very good.

LOL!!!
    OK that explains it. I've had trouble sending anyone a message sisnce I joined this site last spring. I just thought it was a coincidence that everyone I tried to communicate with was not interested in hearing from other members!

This site is a fantastic resource and I appreciate the work that has been done to establish it.

BUT the message / email issue is a significant drawback in my opinion. I would prefer that recipients of messages get an email notification that they've got a new message. I've sent messages that I don't think the recipients ever knew they received and I've received messages that I didn't know I had for a while. Wish this could be addressed. The ability to contact each other off the forum is critical.

Just place your email address in the "signature" of the User CP....instantly becomes a link.

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    What's the default setting for the board?

When I first joined, I could email other members. The last 3 times I've tried, I get the message that this member's preference is NOT to receive private messages.

Just curious.
    Hello Everyone,

I believe you need to enable the messaging functions via the forum software.

Here is how you can enable that capability:

1) Login and click on the "User CP" link in the forums ("user CP" stands for "User Control Panel");

2) On the left hand side under "Settings and Options" click on the "Edit Options" link;

3) In the "Edit Options" area you will see the second box down is entitled "Messaging and Notification". Under "Receive Emails" you will see check boxes that will enable you to receive emails from administrators and well as other members. If you want to receive emails, simply check those boxes.

4) Further down under "Private Messaging", you will see check boxes that will enable you to receive private messages, receive email notifications when you get messages, and show private message notifications via pop-ups. Simply check any option you would like to enable.

BTW, you can also email members through the Hobby Network. There you can login, go to the "Hobby Network" and either use the "Search" function or "Browse Profile" link on the left side of the page to identify a member. Once you find the member you can click on the member name and you will see a section where you can send an email to that member.

I hope that clears things up for everyone. Please feel free to let me know if have any other questions in this regard.

Sincerely,
    Chris Cavalier