Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

When To Inform Ebay of possible fraud?

Hi Everyone,
    I'm hoping someone can help me out with this. I purchased an item on ebay last week from a seller with perfect feedback. I sent paypal payment last monday, and still have my paypal receipt. 9 days and 3 unanswered emails later, no merchandise. I dont want to seem impatient, but with no response from the seller ( whom i verified read the emails) I'm starting to get a bit nervous. Anyone been in a similar situation? What should I do?

Thanks!

Re: When To Inform Ebay of possible fraud?

Get the seller's contact info which should include their phone # which you can access through the eBay system and try calling by phone.

http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/Adv...indtype=9&pfid=

If that doesn't work, contact PayPal.

How much eBay Feedback did the seller have?

Another option is to file an "item not received" with ebay/paypal. But first I would try to call the seller. Also, last weekend the Post Office was closed and that could have delayed the package a day or two.

One thing I forgot. If you paid by Paypal with a check it takes about 4-5 business days to clear.

I paid via paypal using my debit card. I understand the delay in postage, but what i am worried about is that the seller hasnt responded to any emails.

If you have tried calling and nothing happened file with ebay/paypal. There could be reasons for the delay, but you sound a bit nervous so file and see if the seller responds.