Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

2013 Memorial Day Jerseys

Not sure how I feel about these yet but I guess they had to do something to match those god-awful 2013 Memorial Day Camo caps. Only good thing for us, is that these jerseys will likely end up on MLB auctions for purchase either after this Monday or after the 4th of July if they decide to not reissue new sets to the players. The Orioles have already listed them up for auction.

http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2013/0...33058_1_29__ss

What do guys think of these?

Re: 2013 Memorial Day Jerseys

And then the Orioles promptly pulled them

Here is a link to the Orioles auction listing, its back up now.

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...&aunbr=9509646

Jersey for the Orioles are up but the auction does not start till the 27th. They still have to wear them for Memorial Day so they won't start the auction until then.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaHater View Post
    Jersey for the Orioles are up but the auction does not start till the 27th. They still have to wear them for Memorial Day so they won't start the auction until then.
    That's right. My question is whether all teams will do this because that would mean that there would be at least two sets of these: the ones to be used on Memorial Day and the others would presumably to be used during July 4th. Its also possible that they would only use the hats for July 4th and not these jerseys again. Another date to consider is Sept 11.

Quote Originally Posted by MarlinsFan1993 View Post
    That's right. My question is whether all teams will do this because that would mean that there would be at least two sets of these: the ones to be used on Memorial Day and the others would presumably to be used during July 4th. Its also possible that they would only use the hats for July 4th and not these jerseys again. Another date to consider is Sept 11.
    From talking to Mike Acosta the guy in charge of authentics with the Astros these are a 1 time deal along with the hats. For the 4th there will be separate stars and stripes hats but no special jersey. He was not 100% about 9/11 but he said it would probably just be a hat with the US flag patch like in years past. I guess A team could choose to wear them more than once but MLB only make you wear them on Memorial Day.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaHater View Post
    From talking to Mike Acosta the guy in charge of authentics with the Astros these are a 1 time deal along with the hats. For the 4th there will be separate stars and stripes hats but no special jersey. He was not 100% about 9/11 but he said it would probably just be a hat with the US flag patch like in years past. I guess A team could choose to wear them more than once but MLB only make you wear them on Memorial Day.
    This is extremely helpful! Thanks so much.

I like them. Be cool seeing if gamers get up on mlb auctions.

Anyone know deal on Pirates ones? They are up for auction and have worn them already.
    http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...&aunbr=9507916

are these just a new alternate jersey for them

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    I like them. Be cool seeing if gamers get up on mlb auctions.

Anyone know deal on Pirates ones? They are up for auction and have worn them already.
    http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...&aunbr=9507916

are these just a new alternate jersey for them
    The Pirate ones are different than the ones that will be used on Memorial Day. Those Pirate ones were used on May 18th if memory serves me. The ones to be used on Monday are not 100% Camo like the Pirates, just the team name on the front of the jersey and some teams (not all) appear to have done the same with the team logo on the sleeve. Have no idea whether the NOB will also be camo or not.

It looks like the number and NOB will also be in camo for these jerseys.