X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anabolicollege17
    Banned
    • May 2013

Jax Jaguars gamers

Anyone know why the 2 gamers on JOs auction have weird colored NFL shields?

Its def not from bleaching thats for sure or the whole jersey would have changed color.

Also what are the little squares below the reebok vector? I saw them on the Nike Falcon gamers as well.
  • Phil316
    • May 2013

Re: Jax Jaguars gamers

I have not seen a NFL shield logo coloring like that before. Could it be from multiple washings I wonder? Or even worn in a special game? I emailed JO and asked.

Comment

• Blitzmaster
      • Mar 2006

More than likely, the bleach that was brushed on the jerseys got onto the shield and changed the thread color. I have a Giants Strahan jersey that was some stitching that has been bleached.

Comment

• Blitzmaster
        • Mar 2006

they use dry bleach and brush in on before the jerseys are washed. That way the whole jersey is not soaked in it.

Comment

• ctguy212003
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Blitzmaster
          More than likely, the bleach that was brushed on the jerseys got onto the shield and changed the thread color. I have a Giants Strahan jersey that was some stitching that has been bleached.
          Interested in selling the strahan jersey? Text me 860-794-1880

Comment

• Anabolicollege17
            Banned
            • May 2013

Ahh so maybe that explains it. The other jags jersey they have has the same thing. I figured it wasn't linked to any commemorative edition that the team did. I would strip it and add a regular colored one thats for sure. I don't like how its bleached like that. Would that be considered tampering with? Being the photo matches all show the regular colored shield?

Comment

• GMEN92
              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Blitzmaster
              Hey blitz.. What year strahan do you have? Just picked up an 01 and a 07 with capt patch.. !! Posted picks in may pick ups!

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
                • Apr 2007

Anybody else notice that the Mathis has the "NFL" from the neck shield transposed onto the right chest / shoulder area?

Comment

• Anabolicollege17
                  Banned
                  • May 2013

Now I did, wow the shields almost look to good to be bleached. I wonder if JO has responded back. I bet they don't even know. If they did they probably would have mentioned something in the description.

Comment

• BrianK
                    • Jan 2011

There are game photos showing Jaguars with faded shields. I would not consider removing it. With work, you may even be able to photo match it.

Comment

• NEFAN
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Anabolicollege17
                      Ahh so maybe that explains it. The other jags jersey they have has the same thing. I figured it wasn't linked to any commemorative edition that the team did. I would strip it and add a regular colored one thats for sure. I don't like how its bleached like that. Would that be considered tampering with? Being the photo matches all show the regular colored shield?
                      Technically it would be tampering.

Comment

• Anabolicollege17
                        Banned
                        • May 2013

Yeah I wouldn't mess with it. Its a shame because If the shield were correct I would of been a player on the Gerrard.

Comment

• Cubanfan
                          • Nov 2005

Looks like the "faded shields" are common. Might need different detergent! Attached is a pic of Garrard wearing what I believe is the jersey in question. If I am correct this is the last regular season game he played in. I don't think he played the last game on Jan 2. The jersey might have been worn several times before it met the "faded shield" demise and worn 1 last time vs the Colts on Dec 19th. Check out the Jones-Drew 2011 currently in Goldin Auctions

Carlos
                          fernsix@aol.com

Always buying pre 1979 Miami Dolphins
                          Attached Files

Comment

• CollectGU
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Anabolicollege17
                            Yeah I wouldn't mess with it. Its a shame because If the shield were correct I would of been a player on the Gerrard.
                            This makes zero sense....The shield is correct, and you disqualified yourself from bidding for what many would consider a positive and unique distinguishing characterisitic....?

Dave

Comment

• abstractheory
                              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by CollectGU
                              This makes zero sense....The shield is correct, and you disqualified yourself from bidding for what many would consider a positive and unique distinguishing characterisitic....?

Dave
                              ^^^^Exactly!

If anything, like you said, it makes it even MORE distinguishable. Something I thought game used collectors liked. I know I do.

Comment

Working...