Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Old Hickory and Marucci bats

Fellow bat collector here with a question. Can anyone tell me if Old Hickory and Marucci bats have identifying marks on them that helps determine if they were actually made for a specific player and not store model? Do they have similar markings like LV and Rawlings have on their knobs? Thanks. I have several game used bats but neither of the above named brands.

Re: Old Hickory and Marucci bats

I know marucci bats that have "born on" dates on the knob where made for the player as store model bats will not have a date on the knob. I Have no idea about old hickory bats, hope this helps.

That does help me out a lot. I know about Louisville and Rawlings, not too much about Marucci and OH. Thanks for the info.

Player ordered Old Hickory bats break down in their codes just above player name with 7 digits (first two digits represent year, second two digits represent month produced, last three represent batch number) followed by the player's initials and which number bat it was in that order. For the attached bat picture, that would show the bat was made in March 2012, batch number 120, and that specific bat was the tenth one in that batch.

Old Hickory sells player model bats to the public or for autograph signings and those will either be just the first 7 digits and no player initials/bat number OR they have the 7 digits plus a letter followed by player initials (using a Trout bat not used but ordered just for a signing on eBay as an example, 1211124P-MT). For bats issued to players, they must not have the letter after the first seven digits and there needs to be the number bat in the batch following player initials.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cool. Thanks very much. That pretty much shows me what I need to look for in buying a game used bat for both of the above brands.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonAuthentics View Post
    Player ordered Old Hickory bats break down in their codes just above player name with 7 digits (first two digits represent year, second two digits represent month produced, last three represent batch number) followed by the player's initials and which number bat it was in that order. For the attached bat picture, that would show the bat was made in March 2012, batch number 120, and that specific bat was the tenth one in that batch.

Old Hickory sells player model bats to the public or for autograph signings and those will either be just the first 7 digits and no player initials/bat number OR they have the 7 digits plus a letter followed by player initials (using a Trout bat not used but ordered just for a signing on eBay as an example, 1211124P-MT). For bats issued to players, they must not have the letter after the first seven digits and there needs to be the number bat in the batch following player initials.

Amazing post! Great insight. And here I thought those were just a bunch of numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonAuthentics View Post

Has this always been the case? I have a Derrek Lee 2008 game used Old Hickory bat with a LOA directly from the team and there is no code on the label. Nor have any other Derrek Lee bats I've seen from the same era. The label of my bat reads "34.5 PRO DL25" followed by "Derrek Lee" underneath.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by nevrdiez34 View Post
    Has this always been the case? I have a Derrek Lee 2008 game used Old Hickory bat with a LOA directly from the team and there is no code on the label. Nor have any other Derrek Lee bats I've seen from the same era. The label of my bat reads "34.5 PRO DL25" followed by "Derrek Lee" underneath.
    They should be on all bats from 2010 and up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dach0sen0ne View Post
    They should be on all bats from 2010 and up.

Okay, cool. Thanks for the clarification!

Trying not to hijack your thread.. but any markings for Max bats?