Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

photo matched -VS- COA

Hey just wondering if a photo matched jersey with no coa is actually better then a jersey with a coa and no photo match thanks! Any input would help..

Re: photo matched -VS- COA

Photo match beats any COA.

I will have to say COA from disputable company - not some flybynight characters.

As for photomatch - this term is so overly used with very little meaning. Unless you have super-high-resolution pictures of every distinguish details, a couple generic of "similar styling match" aint going to do it!

If I am going to spend heavy on any item, I will take LOA over photomatch any day of the week!

Unless it is under $500 and I just really want it, then I will bypass the LOA and go with BS photomatch.

A photo match means you can tell with 100 percent certainty that the item being discussed is the exact item being worn by the player in a specific photo. Anyone using any other definition is mis-using the term, as I understand it.

I would favor the rock solid photo match over one's opinion that "said player" wore/used the item. All these run of the mill expert authority authenticators are amusing to me. We all know the handful of companies that are relieable, the rest remind me copy machine/used car salesman.

Thanks guys.. and yea i would have to agree if your saying its photomatched then theres no doubt in the image you see in photo and have in hand.. i am talking more in reference to football so i guess at times it might be easier to judge and compare stains and dirt etc.. so therefore it would leave no question its legit.

To me, both are important. If an item has a team LOA, that's one of the only times that I would buy something without a photomatch. The same is the case with an MLB hologram.

However, I also value the photomatch. Once I can match something, I, without a doubt, can say that it was used in a particular at-bat or game. That really is reassurance to me.

Then, there are the items that only style-match. If I get them from a reputable source, then that may be enough, depending upon the item. Or it will even suffice on an item that I likely wouldn't be able to photomatch, like spikes.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Have any of you had a situation where you had an LOA that dates the piece to a specific game, but photo matching shows it was used for another game and never for the one listed on the LOA? Would this make the LOA useless then?

I've seen this happen numerous times with several different companies (both well respected companies and a few suspect at best).

I would take a true photomatch before any piece of paper.