Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RE: Steiner Holos/Certs

I have a couple 2008 Game Used World Series balls that each have Steiner holos on them. I am not worried about the authentication but at the same time I wouldn't mind getting Steiner to reissue the physical certs. When I contacted them directly I was told they only reissue them to the original purchaser. Anyone know how to get them to do this?

Banned

Re: Steiner Holos/Certs

Quote Originally Posted by KTroublesome View Post
    I have a couple 2008 Game Used World Series balls that each have Steiner holos on them. I am not worried about the authentication but at the same time I wouldn't mind getting Steiner to reissue the physical certs. When I contacted them directly I was told they only reissue them to the original purchaser. Anyone know how to get them to do this?
    Ask them why they have this policy if their holograms are supposed to be one of the best in the business, why won't they back them up when a customer is looking to replace their paper certificate.

I have not heard of any other companies with this policy. If you have a properly hologramed item, they should honor their certificate reissue for anyone - if they believe in their holograms.

I think your going to have a tough time getting a replacement without knowing the original purchaser. It's a terrible policy and doesn't surprise me coming from Steiner. The company also has no way of looking up a serial numbered hologram on their website any longer. TriStar, UDA, Mounted Memories, MLB, Schwartz, JSA and PSA all offer this to their customers which in my opinion makes them superior companies... That is unless your looking for exclusive Yankee items from the likes of Jeter or dirt then Steiner has what your looking for. I do own lots of Steiner autographed items so I do feel that they offer some great autographed items just not very well documented.

I am curious of exactly what are you trying to accomplish.

You want a lost certificate to be reprinted?

Or?

I do have my fair share of LOA reprinted for some of my items. As long as the hologram doesn't look/appeared to be tampered with (accident or not), the right person would replaced it without much of a hitch.

But since there are people who tried and unsuccessfully tampered with some high-end item and they are looking for a quick bucks by requesting a duplicate LOA to make the item legit, this is why Steiner is very strict when it comes to LOA replacement.

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']KTroublesome, I wanted to respond to this thread to first of all apologize for whoever you spoke to and any mis-information you seem to have received. Steiner Sports policy is not that we only re-issue COA's for items to the original purchase. Marino is correct we do have a very strict policy because authenticity and integrity of a product is not only paramount but what we've built our company and reputation on over the past 25 years. Our policy regarding replacement COA’s or LOA’s is you need to contact us and set up to send the item you need authenticity on back to us. From there we will examine the item and make sure everything checks out and matches up and if it does we will issue a replacement COA for $50. This has always been our policy regardless of who made the purchase. Our concern isn’t who bought the item it’s about protecting the Steiner brand and standing behind “the Steiner seal means it’s real” philosophy. If there’s anything at all I can do to help you in this process please don’t hesitate to give me a call at 914-307-1004.[/font]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/font]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Brooks Cowan[/font]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Associate Director of Retail Sales[/font]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Steiner Sports[/font]

KTroublesome, I wanted to respond to this thread to first of all apologize for whoever you spoke to and any mis-information you seem to have received. Steiner Sports policy is not that we only re-issue COA's for items to the original purchase. Marino is correct we do have a very strict policy because authenticity and integrity of a product is not only paramount but what we've built our company and reputation on over the past 25 years. Our policy regarding replacement COA’s or LOA’s is you need to contact us and set up to send the item you need authenticity on back to us. From there we will examine the item and make sure everything checks out and matches up and if it does we will issue a replacement COA for $50. This has always been our policy regardless of who made the purchase. Our concern isn’t who bought the item it’s about protecting the Steiner brand and standing behind “the Steiner seal means it’s real” philosophy. If there’s anything at all I can do to help you in this process please don’t hesitate to give me a call at 914-307-1004.

Brooks Cowan
    Steiner Sports

Never a good idea for companies to replace COA. If you lost it tough luck. If you lose or misplace game used item, would they replace that? We don't need more stuff for scammers to work.

I like how MeiGray handles this. I believe they won't replace any COA, no matter what. You get one when you buy it and that is it. Why stuff bought direct from them sells for a premium.

B Cowan...$50 to replace a COA? That's quite pricey IMO.

Don't tell me that rate is for this that and the other. You guys already make money hand over fist with the price of your items.

Quote Originally Posted by BCowan View Post
    KTroublesome, I wanted to respond to this thread to first of all apologize for whoever you spoke to and any mis-information you seem to have received. Steiner Sports policy is not that we only re-issue COA's for items to the original purchase. Marino is correct we do have a very strict policy because authenticity and integrity of a product is not only paramount but what we've built our company and reputation on over the past 25 years. Our policy regarding replacement COA’s or LOA’s is you need to contact us and set up to send the item you need authenticity on back to us. From there we will examine the item and make sure everything checks out and matches up and if it does we will issue a replacement COA for $50. This has always been our policy regardless of who made the purchase. Our concern isn’t who bought the item it’s about protecting the Steiner brand and standing behind “the Steiner seal means it’s real” philosophy. If there’s anything at all I can do to help you in this process please don’t hesitate to give me a call at 914-307-1004.

Brooks Cowan
    Steiner Sports
    thanks for the response. appreciate you clearing it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnbikes View Post
    B Cowan...$50 to replace a COA? That's quite pricey IMO.

Don't tell me that rate is for this that and the other. You guys already make money hand over fist with the price of your items.

+1