Not looking for specific examples of items or collectors personal info (not my business), but I always wonder where all these higher end auction items end up.

Where does a $10000+ item end up? Do uniforms get sealed in plastic and stored in a climate controlled closets? Does a Cy Young award get displayed or put in a safe deposit box? Do collectors have mini museums in their homes for display? Do sports museums purchase items?

I also wonder how people can afford to purchase all these items that sell in these auctions? These sports auctions and there are many, can get 5 million dollars + total by the end! We do pretty well with a good household income (fortunately) ,but my jaw drops at all the dollars that get put towards these sports items.

Last time, not wanting to get in people's business or have people talk about other people's business, but do you ever wonder about where your "grail" item you couldn't afford ended up and how the person was able to afford it? Is it in a museum or storage?

Thanks, Game Used Universe is definitely a place to go for people who care about collecting!