Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: June 2013 pickups

Here is another Matt Holliday item ... 2012 uncracked LVS bat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Banned

'94 A Rod rookie block letter with a very early period signature.
    '88-89 Sheffield rookie block letter, very nice use.
    '01 Gwynn, rare maple bat swung during the last month or so of his career. Thanks to the fellow forum member who finally sold me the bat after years of asking!
    '92 Gwynn, had this bat for a couple months now, recently had it signed.

2013 Mother's Day Game Ready Baseball (Brewers vs Reds)

Joey Votto Flyout 5/25/13

Mat Latos 2012 game used bat MLB Authenticated

So this is a little (ok, a lot) outside my expertise. A few weeks back I was at a luncheon sponsored by the Oklahoma City Sports Commission and the center pieces on each table were shoes they had gotten from the Thunder. During the lunch they told us that many, but not all, we're game worn. I won what I believe is a Kevin Durant model that shows no signs of game use whatsoever. My question to the basketball collectors/sneakerheads is could this be a Durant game shoe that wasn't worn? Game issued I guess you could say? Any input would be appreciated...it was free so no loss either way.
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

I'm no expert but many player on the team could wear his model sneaker as well as he would
    You would have to see if the size matches his size
    And who else narrows where's his style made shoe ..
    But either way I would assume definitely game issued to him or another player

Great shoe! I know other players on the Thunder wear that style of shoe so I just checked the Official NBA Footwear Database and Durant wears a size 18. The problem is Kendrick Perkins and Hasheem Thabeet also wear the same shoe and a size 18. Hope someone who knows more about this can help you get to the bottom of this.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...wear-database/

russyurk,

I can definitely tell you that that particular color was never released to the public by Nike, and that model (the KD 2) was never on Nike ID for custom jobs. Typically at that point, KD's teammates only wore the general release colors, while KD got the special color-ups. Knowing that, I'm fairly confident in saying that is a KD issued P.E. (player edition).

HTH,
    J

Brad Harman Items:
    2006 Threshers Cap

2006 WBC Gloves (note Aussie flag on index finger!)

Quote Originally Posted by jshortt View Post
    russyurk,

I can definitely tell you that that particular color was never released to the public by Nike, and that model (the KD 2) was never on Nike ID for custom jobs. Typically at that point, KD's teammates only wore the general release colors, while KD got the special color-ups. Knowing that, I'm fairly confident in saying that is a KD issued P.E. (player edition).

HTH,
    J
    Thanks to all, this has been very helpful. I don't collect sneakers but the inner tag did seem to contain more info than the average retail model. Looks like I've just added a KD model player edition shoe to my collection!
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Evan Longoria Game Used Hat from his first Spring Training with the big club in 2007...my first Longo "Devil" Rays piece in my collection