Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you all think this is a good lead to pursue for a photo match...Perez #2

OK. This is the 2nd GU Perez bat I bought from Player Direct. They have Sal's exclusive contract on GU items. Great people to deal with BTW.

I want everyone's opinion if they think this is a lead I should pursue. This is from a game against the Angels in California on July 25th 2012. The angle isn't exact but I think it is VERY promising.

Let me know what you all think! THANKS!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Do you all think this is a good lead to pursue for a photo match...Perez #2

Not sure why they are so small...let me try again

This size works!

Should definitely look for more shots from that game, but it does look like a possibility
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Looks like another match to me... ball marks line up perfectly.

Sparta...I searched for a bunch more but can't get close enough without it being super blurry.

Dodger...I like the marks but want to get one more angle on it from the other side. The tar looks to be darker in the pics than what I am seeing on my bat however, there is a lot of stick there on the Marucci logo and above it on the bat itself. I just can't capture it in a picture.

I suppose it's possible that he pulled the tar down a bit to bat. It has a ball mark of the MLB logo on the bat. If I could find that photo that would be definitive.

Here is another angle I found. The marks in blue seem to line up but the tar is what bothers me.

This is another pic from 2 nights later in Seattle. It's the opposite side of the bat but again, very blurry.

I sure wish MLB.TV aired Royals games in-region. I'd buy it.

The only thing I was skeptical about was the tar. The one in the shot has more tar than yours, no? Obviously if there were less tar, it wouldn't be an issue as he could've added more later, but the other way around doesn't usually seem to happen. The ball marks do look fairly close though. Thoughts?
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Yes the tar is what I am looking at as well. I don't know how the tar stuff works. Do they put it on there then work it down as the bat is used more or what? In the spot where there is more tar in the pics, there is definitely a lot of sticky right there all the way up to the barrel on the bat. It is also a darker shade that I can't capture with my camera.

To me, it seems like a match. The first several pics with the 2 marks on the barrrel look lined up. The second set, (the ones that you can see M) the top blue mark is somewhat covered by the autograph. In person, the shape matches. On the last set of pics, they line up as well.

I'd be curious to see if anyone knows how the tar is handled on a bat.

That might not be a bad thread to start if one hasn't already been started.