Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

High prices in GF auction?

Is it just me, or do most of the basketball jerseys in the auction that just closed seem to have sold pretty high??
    I wouldn't go near most of them because of lack of true evidence, yet a lot of them went for around $2000 - eg Hardaway, Webber, Bogues, LJ, Mourning, plus the 3 Rockets jerseys (including the Olajuwon one which had a signature that didn't look real to me...) going up around $3000!!

Is it just that basketball is hot now, that people trust GF completely, managed to do thorough research, or is something more sinister (ie fake bids) at play here?

For the 2nd auction in a row I managed to photomatch the Garnett jersey and wanted it, but it went for what I thought was a crazy price too - $2600.

I'm just strolling through the results and am stunned at a lot of the prices. Stunned.

Re: High prices in GF auction?

Quote Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
    Is it just me, or do most of the basketball jerseys in the auction that just closed seem to have sold pretty high??
    I wouldn't go near most of them because of lack of true evidence, yet a lot of them went for around $2000 - eg Hardaway, Webber, Bogues, LJ, Mourning, plus the 3 Rockets jerseys (including the Olajuwon one which had a signature that didn't look real to me...) going up around $3000!!

Is it just that basketball is hot now, that people trust GF completely, managed to do thorough research, or is something more sinister (ie fake bids) at play here?

For the 2nd auction in a row I managed to photomatch the Garnett jersey and wanted it, but it went for what I thought was a crazy price too - $2600.

I'm just strolling through the results and am stunned at a lot of the prices. Stunned.
    yep all things are high there. makes me think they shill bid. had high bid 5 hours after they closed on giants pants but then someone got it, 5 hours thats dumb. and the other one griffey cleats. on one really bid, theyere were going for 4-600, i got out bid with a high bid of 1350? seriously redicouls.

I have been consigning with GF for years and every time I have I've been paid exactly what is owed to me. So if they were ghost bidding they would be paying out of there pocket. Makes no sense. Also with all the major auctions whatever season were in that sport sells for a preimum. I think the days of getting things cheap are done. The economy is slowly moving in the right direction

I don't know if they are ghost bidding but the prices are WAY high but i guess if someone really wants it.

I was looking at the Football Carolina Panthers Jonathan Stewart that had no paperwork and it sold for $1626. Its a $600 jersey on its best day and i wouldn't pay more than $300 for it with proper paperwork.

After doing some research on Grey Flannel using the search button on this forum I chose not to bid on any of their auctions. Even though I wanted a couple items. I will never give this company any of my money. They sell bogus items get called out for it and block members of GUU from bidding for this very reason.

GFC gets the best basketball items in the industry, without question. The prices reflect bidders confidence in them.

I'm guessing I slightly overpaid for the item I won, but could care less because it is my holiest of Holy Grails

Quote Originally Posted by MarlinsFan1993 View Post
    I'm guessing I slightly overpaid for the item I won, but could care less because it is my holiest of Holy Grails
    oh oh what ya get?

Quote Originally Posted by num1jrfan View Post
    oh oh what ya get?
    I got the 1997 Gary Sheffield Home Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by MarlinsFan1993 View Post
    I got the 1997 Gary Sheffield Home Jersey.
    nice congrats