Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Post your FAVORITE Autographed items!

To coincide with gingi79, 10 years later after Dale died the driver who won the 500 for Dales team was supposed to run a special paint scheme to honor Dale.

Dales wife disapproved of the number font used in the tribute car and made this enough of a problem to force the number style to change.

Below is the door off that car, with the original number as most of the decal wrap of the replacement number was peeled.

It's a pretty special peice considering what it means, but my favorite came irronically at a Fast Five movie premier (seeing as Paul Walker just passed). Driver Robby Gordon was not pleased with a agreement he had made with another team to merge, he knew me fairly well and expressed his displeasure on my quarter panel.

The actual check paid to legendary high wire artist Karl Wallenda for walking a wire over Atlanta's Fulton County Stadium in 1972. After completing the stunt, Karl Wallenda endorsed the $1000 check on the back and gave the check back to the Braves for the $1000 in cash. The check is endorsed on the back, but is now framed with an actual photo of him walking on the wire over Fulton County Stadium.(a friend actually took the photo at the stadium when he was attending the game as a kid)

Karl Wallenda died in 1978 at age 73 when he fell off a high wire in Puerto Rico during a performance. His great grandson is Nik Wallenda, the high wire artist that crossed Niagra Falls in 2011 and walked over the canyon near the Grand Canyon in June of this year.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Always looking for Atlanta Braves Game-Used items. hiramman@bellsouth.net

Here is a commemorative ball from the closing of the Metrodome from 2009 signed by Cal Ripken Jr. with two inscriptions of historic games that he participated in there:

Thought I would show my favorite since the big win from last night!

Print with 45 signatures of the Seahawks. A few from last years team but mostly complete. I do need to get Coach Carroll on here somehow.

Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dale Murphy, Frank Robinson and Rafael Furcal: