Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Packers Saints 2011 Opening Game - Game Ball

I have a 2011 Packers/Saints season opener game ball. On the side it has NFL Kickoff, Green Bay Packers, New Orleans Saints and also Green Bay WI September 8, 2011. On the back is has Saints (meaning it was a Saints ball). I have no way to prove this ball was used in the game but it still displays very well for either a Packer fan or Saints fan - or just to throw around.

$100 shipped OBO

Email me with interest or picture requests

Chris.klarner@hotmail.com

Re: Packers Saints 2011 Opening Game - Game Ball

Sold Pending Payment

SOLD - thanks to the buyer

I have decided to sell my 2nd game ball from that game. Everything is the exact same as the ball pictured. First one sold but there was a lot of interest. Planned on getting it signed but don't mind selling.

$100 OBO

Email for pics or interest (looks exactly the same as one pictured)

Chris.klarner@hotmail.com

I was interested in buying this ball, and it is indeed a very nice piece, but as I have discussed with the seller it's not a game used ball. The way you can know if a ball was game used is it would be stamped by the refs who inspected it for that specific game with their unique marker. Each time it was used in a game it would have been stamped had it been used more than once. I don't see any stamps on this ball so though it's an authentic NFL ball it wasn't game used.

As posted I have no proof that the ball was used in a game - although with that I want it to be know that this is not a ball that could be purchased at a retail store and that it came direct from the Saints. The prior post is misleading making it sound that it is a run if the mill authentic Duke ball - even though the price is the same as a ball purchased at a sporting goods store.

I don't believe my previous post was misleading about anything. I specifically said I was interested in the ball and that it was a very nice piece. That said because there was a possible implication that the ball may have been game used I wanted to let it be known that there are specific ways to know if a ball is game used and that this ball does not have those markers. I didn't say that this ball was something you could buy off-the-shelf or not I have no way of knowing that specifically.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jpipes View Post
    I don't believe my previous post was misleading about anything. I specifically said I was interested in the ball and that it was a very nice piece. That said because there was a possible implication that the ball may have been game used I wanted to let it be known that there are specific ways to know if a ball is game used and that this ball does not have those markers. I didn't say that this ball was something you could buy off-the-shelf or not I have no way of knowing that specifically.
    How much for both footballs?

Quote Originally Posted by jpipes View Post
    Please stop posting on this thread - if you read the thread you will see that I have never once said this is a game used ball nor have I implied it. I listed it only for what I know it is and that's a genuine game ball from opening day - Saints stamp meaning it was for the Saints to use. I even wrote that I had no way to prove it was game used. Your posts call it an authentic NFL ball and what is considered an authentic football is one you can buy in stores. This football is not a store ball. Team marked balls - specially a season opener ball - are not balls found at your local Dicks sporting goods. If you are so in tune with markings on the balls you should know that already.