Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are There Any Arizona State Baseball Collectors On Here?

Any other Sun Devil baseball collectors on here?

Re: Are There Any Arizona State Baseball Collectors On Here?

I'm not, but if you come across any Josh Spence items I would be very interested in talking to you about them, whether for sale or not.

Thanks,
    Mark.

I'm glad to see there's a few college baseball collectors around. I'd be more of one, but my team, the South Carolina Gamecocks, has ignored my suggestions that they sell some game-used stuff.

They'd have a huge market, since the Gamecocks of 2010-2012 are considered by experts to be one of the best ever in the NCAA Tournament. They won 22 straight games in the NCAA Tournament and 12 straight College World Series games in those years; both NCAA records. They won two straight national titles, followed by a national second place. And they have one of the biggest and most enthusiastic fan bases in college baseball.

But not a single game-used item from those record runs has been sold by the team. I suspect they've distributed them to p,ayers, support staff, and their families.

ASU baseball stuff is surprisingly hard to come by. I've only got one legitimate game worn Sun Devil baseball jersey. Almost every year they do a "shirts off our backs" promotion at one of the final home games, but I never see any for sale. There's hardly any pictures of fan-owned Sun Devil jerseys on google, for that matter.

I used to know the old Sun Devils Athletic Director (through a family friend) before he went to (I believe) Ball State. He was there when Super Bowl XXX was in Tempe. I remember years ago talking to him about game used items and he was not a fan of it at all, not sure if it was a choice above him or his point of view.

I've got a couple of ASU softball jerseys and a helmet from the '90s, but I never see any Baseball stuff come up for auction or sale.

Do any of you ASU fans recognize this ASU jersey? It seems like a college weight jersey, but it has no name or year tag and I haven't found any photos like it. It's a vest style jersey with all sewn on letters and numbers, made by Saxon:
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I don't recall ever seeing the baseball team wear vests with that font, or with the word Sun. I also don't remember anyone but Sandknit, Champion, or Wlson/DeMarini being the jersey suppliers.

I collect ASU anything, but mostly have football jerseys.

Here is one one EBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arizona-Stat...item53fa9102f9

I've seen that one and others from that seller. Can't find a single player or coach with that last name. Probably a fan custom.