Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1986 Giants Mark Bavaro GU Jersey?

My favorite era of collecting is the 1980s (the decade of my youth), and I like both baseball and football jerseys. There's an eBay auction right now featuring a game-used Mark Bavaro Giants jersey:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARK-BAVARO-...item3f260e36ab

I'm pretty sure that the Giants never used this font on their white jerseys during the mid-1980s (too skinny and a different font altogether). The shoulder numbers also look small. This seems to be the default font that was used on many authentic retail football retail jerseys through the early 1990s.

I'm far from a Giants expert, so maybe others here may have some information to add.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Banned

Thumbs up Re: 1986 Giants Mark Bavaro GU Jersey?

Good call. The location of the Spider Lockhart patch on the eBay jersey also doesn't match the Getty photo.

Dave Miedema

Re: 1986 Giants Mark Bavaro GU Jersey?

It's just an old retail authentic customized by Athletic Supply back in the 1980s

I agree font size seems off and patch location as well.. but as i read many post lately about grey flannel auctions being legit or not... seems that this is where his coa is from as well... hmmmmmmmm.... but i have gotten stuff from them that is 100% gu and worn so seems odd that so much stuff is in question from them lately as well ..im no expert just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by GMEN92 View Post
    I agree font size seems off and patch location as well.. but as i read many post lately about grey flannel auctions being legit or not... seems that this is where his coa is from as well... hmmmmmmmm.... but i have gotten stuff from them that is 100% gu and worn so seems odd that so much stuff is in question from them lately as well ..im no expert just my 2 cents
    If anyone soley relies on ANY auction house do their homework for them then they are just asking for trouble. Unfortunately, this hobby requires a little time and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by abstractheory View Post
    If anyone soley relies on ANY auction house do their homework for them then they are just asking for trouble. Unfortunately, this hobby requires a little time and effort.
    Yes i agree 100%.. do your homework !!

Banned

The uniform is properly tagged, was presented to us as game-used and in our opinion shows excellent use.

Banned

No way in hell he ever wore that thing.

Below are photos of two Giants game jerseys of Zeke Mowatt from that era.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for World Football League uniforms.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    The uniform is properly tagged, was presented to us as game-used and in our opinion shows excellent use.
    So if someone tells you something about an item you just accept it as the God's honest truth, no questions asked? You don't attempt to prove the veracity of their claims? Ridiculous.