Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: My Evan Longoria Collection

As I posted on the "july pick-ups" thread, here is the jersey I've literally been waiting all season for...According to the Rays it's the first authenticated Dark Blue alternate that they have authenticated for Longoria all season long...it's authenticated to the game against the twins on july 11th when he hit his 18th HR of the year and the 148th of his career
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Also wanted to add this one as well, it's also located in the "homerun bats" thread...Thanks to Rich for the photomatches, hopefully I can send some more pics again shortly...here is my 2011 Evan Longoria Gamer that was one of those few bats that had a hologram on it but was still being used...From what I understand Evan has some if not all of his HR bats authenticated and still uses some of them, this explains why the hologram on the knob of the bat can not be read, barely anything is visible on it...this is the photomatch from July 6th, 2011 vs. the Twins (at target field) when he hit his 11th HR of the year and 93rd of his career

A few more recent pick ups...the first is from the 2007 MLB Futures Game where Longo was HBP...
    The 2nd ball was a single from 2012 against Scott Diamond at Minnesota

As mentioned in the "September pick ups" thread I'm very excited about another one of my latest pickups...2006 game used Evan Longoria #37 Montgomery Biscuits jersey. He wore this jersey at the end of the 2006 season after being promoted from Hudson Valley, then to Visalia and then onto Montgomery in his first season in pro ball...the following season he switched to #6

Another addition to the "hit" collection...Here is Longo's RBI double off of ryan dempster in the september 11th matchup a few weeks ago against the Red Sox...It was his 794th career hit (142nd of the year), 195th career double (34th of the year) and career RBI 530 (74th of the year)

My 2010 Evan Longoria game used All-Star game BP jersey, Absolutely love this jersey so happy I could finally get my hands on it...

Up next is my 3rd Longo HR jersey of the 2013 season and one of the toughest to find, his Sunday home Columbia Blue Jersey, authenticated to the Sunday August 25th game at the trop against the yankees. in this game he hit career HR 158 (28th of the season) and drove in 2 runs (525 and 526 of his career and #'s 69 and 70 of the 2013 season)

And the last of my recent pickups certainly is one of my favorites. My brother and I travel to St. Pete (from Houston) once a year for a week or so to go watch the Rays play and back on May 27, 2010 we were in St. Pete watching the rays take on the White Sox and with my newly acquired (at the time) iphone I decided to video record a few of Longo's at bats since we typically sit first or 2nd row behind the rays dugout, I mean why not get the best possible seats you can if your on vacation. after the first at bat that I recorded didn't turn out so well I almost decided not to try again but I figured what the hell i'll give it one more shot, and boy I'm glad I did as Longo belted a shot into the left field seats off of Gavin Floyd. The video wasn't exactly Hi-def but hey I had just gotten to see my favorite player hit a bomb and caught it on video, I was so excited I immediately posted it online and still watch it from time to time because it was the highlight of an always memorable trip to St. Pete...So fast forward 3+ years and all of the sudden I see that bat that he used to hit that HR with pop up in an auction and is inscribed with the date, pitcher, and career HR # by Longo, of course I wasn't going to pass it up

Awesome story man!! That was me on ebay and I am extremely happy that bat went to such a passionate collector! Not to mention the background story WITH video of the actual homerun!! And btw, if that helmet of yours ever needs a new home, give me a shout!

Going to attempt to post the link for the video of the HR at bat against Floyd...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...4902177&type=3