Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwal23
    • Sep 2011

Re: My Evan Longoria Collection

My 2010 Evan Longoria game used All-Star game BP jersey, Absolutely love this jersey so happy I could finally get my hands on it...
    Attached Files
    Always on the lookout for Evan Longoria GU items
    txacerj23@aol.com

Comment

• jwal23
      • Sep 2011

Up next is my 3rd Longo HR jersey of the 2013 season and one of the toughest to find, his Sunday home Columbia Blue Jersey, authenticated to the Sunday August 25th game at the trop against the yankees. in this game he hit career HR 158 (28th of the season) and drove in 2 runs (525 and 526 of his career and #'s 69 and 70 of the 2013 season)
      Attached Files
      txacerj23@aol.com

Comment

• jwal23
        • Sep 2011

And the last of my recent pickups certainly is one of my favorites. My brother and I travel to St. Pete (from Houston) once a year for a week or so to go watch the Rays play and back on May 27, 2010 we were in St. Pete watching the rays take on the White Sox and with my newly acquired (at the time) iphone I decided to video record a few of Longo's at bats since we typically sit first or 2nd row behind the rays dugout, I mean why not get the best possible seats you can if your on vacation. after the first at bat that I recorded didn't turn out so well I almost decided not to try again but I figured what the hell i'll give it one more shot, and boy I'm glad I did as Longo belted a shot into the left field seats off of Gavin Floyd. The video wasn't exactly Hi-def but hey I had just gotten to see my favorite player hit a bomb and caught it on video, I was so excited I immediately posted it online and still watch it from time to time because it was the highlight of an always memorable trip to St. Pete...So fast forward 3+ years and all of the sudden I see that bat that he used to hit that HR with pop up in an auction and is inscribed with the date, pitcher, and career HR # by Longo, of course I wasn't going to pass it up
        Attached Files
        txacerj23@aol.com

Comment

• d2ray13
          • Feb 2006

Awesome story man!! That was me on ebay and I am extremely happy that bat went to such a passionate collector! Not to mention the background story WITH video of the actual homerun!! And btw, if that helmet of yours ever needs a new home, give me a shout!

Comment

• jwal23
            • Sep 2011

Going to attempt to post the link for the video of the HR at bat against Floyd...

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
            txacerj23@aol.com

Comment

• jwal23
              • Sep 2011

my latest pickup, Longo's 2013 postseason hat that is authenticated to Game 2 of the division series against Boston...would love to have a photomatch if anyone could help out, hopefully the dirt spots on the "TB" will help a little..
              Attached Files
              txacerj23@aol.com

Comment

• jwal23
                • Sep 2011

Picked up this beauty a while back but haven't had much time to post...Rookie gamer from 2008. Best pics I have for now as most of my collection is still packaged up from our recent move into our new home.
                Attached Files
                txacerj23@aol.com

Comment

• jwal23
                  • Sep 2011

A few more pics..
                  Attached Files
                  txacerj23@aol.com

Comment

• jwal23
                    • Sep 2011

So I'm trying to save up for another BIG piece for my Longo collection but I had an opportunity to acquire this piece for a very good price and needing a few more helmets and and hats I couldn't pass it up...

...The hologram number is HZ-048024 but is listed as game-issued even though it shows use...it's authenticated to April 3, 2014 the night that Longo tied the Rays franchise record with his 163rd career HR in the 7th inning...

...I've been trying to photomatch but it's tough because it doesn't show a TON of use (it was the 3rd game of the season) and I just got to open it this morning so I can't access MLB.TV until I get home...these aren't the best pics bc they are from my Iphone and there are nothing but really bright lights in my building so the glares are bad and you can't really see the tiny scratches and wear on the helmet....there's a couple of spots that might help including the tiny yellow splotches on the back half of the helmet and a few smudges above the "B" on the front of the helmet...ANY HELP PHOTOMATCHING WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!
                    Attached Files
                    txacerj23@aol.com

Comment

• jwal23
                      • Sep 2011

Haven't had much to spend lately because my family and I just took our yearly trip to Florida but was able to score a few more items for my Longo Collection.

Both of these items were from the same game that I was able to go to in Houston...

Game used hit ball and authenticated to Longo's 2 run single

And game used Line up card from that night: pretty good stats from that night Longo had 2 RBI's, Alex Cobb had 11 k's (Rays staff had 16 k's in the game helping push them towards the most strikeouts in a month by a team ever), and Jon Singleton's 4th career HR
                      Attached Files
                      txacerj23@aol.com

Comment

• sportsnbikes
                        • Sep 2012

Very nice collection. I have a Longoria Double if you have any interest!

Comment

Working...