Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Re: $50 reward! Help on Video proof for ICHIRO's ACTUAL 1ST YANKEE HIT BALL!

Quote Originally Posted by al3xmac10 View Post
    I did send emails to MLB, YES Network and Steiner Sports asking for their help in authenticating the baseball, but only Mr. JJ Molesso of Steiner Sports sent me a reply.
    He said:

"You would need to contact the league directly.
    We can't authenticate something we did not witness firsthand, that's a MLB or YES network issue."

I asked him if he knows someone from YES who can help, but have not received a reply.
    Such an odd statement since Steiner has authenticated game used Yankees items for years they didn't see worn from the Yankee Storage room. Oh yeah, and collection they bought and resold that they didn't see signed, such as The Gloria Rothstein collection.

I did send emails to MLB, YES Network and Steiner Sports asking for their help in authenticating the baseball, but only Mr. JJ Molesso of Steiner Sports sent me a reply.
    He said:

"You would need to contact the league directly.
    We can't authenticate something we did not witness firsthand, that's a MLB or YES network issue."

I asked him if he knows someone from YES who can help, but have not received a reply.

Alex, (hahahaha) stop trying to get a $50 gamer into a $500-$1,000 gamer.

But on a serious note, I was a little surprise that they did not keep the first ball hit for Ichiro and so forth. Maybe they did and we have no video of it.

It is very difficult to ask MLB to add additional information that would increase the worth by ten folds.

As Steinersports - they are correct about not seeing it first hand so they couldn't do much either.

As for Yes Network's different camera angels for your purpose --- you dont have enough money to get them to track down the 30 seconds worth of verification!

Banned

Hi marino, thanks for your opinion.

Would you know anyone from YES, and do you have any idea how much they would charge?

Hi marino, thanks for your opinion.

Would you know anyone from YES, and do you have any idea how much they would charge?

I will ask a couple "friends" and see what bounces back.

Banned

marino, thank you very much for your time and help!
    Will be looking forward to your post!

i dont think it's a question of cost, just that it's not a service they offer.

it would cost them nothing to have an intern dig through video, but it's more than likely not something they will do for you just because they dont want to be bothered and/or dont want to set a precedent of doing it for other people. in my experience, getting even the simplest of answers from tv stations is like pulling teeth

that said, i hope im wrong and you get what you're looking for

Banned

ferro, you make a great point.

If no luck is to be found with MLB/YES, then would likely hope for a Mariners/Yankees fan having an in-stadium video of the game's 3rd inning, which is no easy feat as well... .

Video of the game is available from 3 traders on: www.ihaveplanet.com

I'd contact them all and see if any of them would be willing to sell you a copy. I've contacted a couple of traders in the past and have traded blank dvd discs since I didn't have any game video to trade.

Good luck!

Banned

Dewey, thanks for the great info!
    Looked at the site, found the list of traders, thanks.

However, are these videos the games shown on TV?
    I do have a copy of the game telecast, and since it is not enough to prove that the ball I have is Ichiro's 1st Yankee hit, am looking for YES help, or videos taken live from the stadium by the fans.

Thanks for your time and help Dewey!

another possible angle.

a) email people who had videoed the first at bat and asked them if they had edited the youtube video and if yes ask them for the unedited video. most of the videos i saw were cut right after the pitcher received the ball from the cut off person. perhaps the video have a next few seconds where he threw out the ball to first base or kept the ball in play.

b) ask ichiro if he kept the baseball by attempting to email his japanese translator. if anyone kept an eye on the baseball and knows if the baseball was kept in play it has to be ichiro.

also are you sure the baseball wasn't swapped out my the catcher during a pitch caught by the catcher Russell?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.