Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Helmet restoration

I have a helmet that I got that was displayed in a smoking venue. After many gentle cleanings I got the smell off and the helmet cleaned but the facemask and clips show some yellowing and I'm afraid to mess with it.

I know some places restore old footballs, has anybody heard of someone who works on helmets? I looked on Helmet Hut and didn't see anything about it..

Re: Helmet restoration

Funny timing - I have an old Wilson suspension helmet that I am looking to have repainted. So I am also looking for recommendations on reputable places that can paint my helmet.

I tried Helmet Hut, and and after two+ weeks of emails back and forth, trying to get an estimate, he quoted me $300 - $400 to paint my helmet. It was like pulling teeth. And then when I questioned them on the price he said forget it, and that he didn't want to paint my helmet.

I have my feelers out to a few other places (one I have worked with in the past). If I get something 100% solid I will post here. I'm close now, but would like to hear suggestions.

NEFAN, yourhelmetyourway.com does helmet restorations for i think $100, not sure if theres anything they can do for the yellowing of the facemask and clips though but i would definitely ask.

paul457, the also repaint helmets for $25, ive had a few custom helmets done by them. Heres a Ryan Clark Schutt custom i had them paint.

hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers25 View Post
    NEFAN, yourhelmetyourway.com does helmet restorations for i think $100, not sure if theres anything they can do for the yellowing of the facemask and clips though but i would definitely ask.

paul457, the also repaint helmets for $25, ive had a few custom helmets done by them. Heres a Ryan Clark Schutt custom i had them paint.

hope this helps
    Ha - that's actually who I am working with now - I have worked with them in the past and have always been happy with their service and products.

Yeah they're really good over there, between me and my uncle, we've done 14 customs and almost everything has come from them or sportsdepot.com