Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Banned

Re: Goldin Auctions Sneak Preview Mode...LIVE NOW

Awesome stuff Jack, thanks for that.

Also just to try to clarify - this is the 'game used' discussion section, not the 'auction item' section - I was not trying to discredit any item, I just knew that Ken responded in this thread and that others could give me more info than I knew myself. In the end it seems to have worked out fine.

Regarding Lot #812 (2004 Reggie Wayne Thanksgiving jersey)

Nameplates do not match. Here's a picture from getty.

Here's an auction picture.

I am l looking into Wayne jersey and contacting consignor and if appropriate will pull item
    Thanks for finding that photo

Lot 812 Wayne jersey has been pulled. Thanks to the picture, I was able to contact the consignor, AND BASED ON ME SENDING HIM THE PHOTO HE WAS ABLE TO GET A REFUND!!
    positive outcome

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    Lot 812 Wayne jersey has been pulled. Thanks to the picture, I was able to contact the consignor, AND BASED ON ME SENDING HIM THE PHOTO HE WAS ABLE TO GET A REFUND!!
    positive outcome
    Awesome! Well done on all fronts. Thank you Brian for providing the image and thank you Ken for following up as quickly as you do. It is really nice to see the hobby benefitting from this type of interaction.

-Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Talking Re: Goldin Auctions Sneak Preview Mode...LIVE NOW

Sort of new at this...The Jeter game used glove - worth looking at with the LOA from PSA/DNA? I assume the Steiner hologram is only for the autograph? Thoughts? Thanks

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by stonedylan View Post
    Sort of new at this...The Jeter game used glove - worth looking at with the LOA from PSA/DNA? I assume the Steiner hologram is only for the autograph? Thoughts? Thanks
    John Taube (bats) and Denny Esken (gloves) are generally the most respected experts in their fields. They authenticate for psa, I think their opinions are as good as any. Other companies and individuals authenticate bats, but Denny is pretty much the glove guru. I'd say its the best 3rd party opinion you'll get.

Quote Originally Posted by stonedylan View Post
    I do not want to sound like I am a paid promoter for PSA/DNA (because I am not) but I requested permission, to post this email I received a couple hours ago about a DIFFERENT ITEM in the auction (Matt Cain glove lot 243)
    I have spoken with the consignor and have received approval to continue to list the item with a revision.
    Keep in mind, from Goldin Auctions perspective, we received a game used and signed glove, inscribed and MLB authenticated for signature from Matt Cain, telling us it was his 'game used glove 2010 postseason and W.S." from Matt Cain in his handwriting. Despite this, because we are cautious and knew this was a significant item, we still sent the item in to PSA/DNA for authentication.
    here is what I just received.

"Ken,
    Pictures labeled with 05 are from 2005. 10 from 2010.

In the 2010 photos note the color of the glove and the Mizuno logo on the wrist strp. Mizuno went to this logo in 2007. All the gloves worn by Cain from 2007 to 2010 bear the new logo. In 2006 his name is embroided on the ring finger. In 2005 the name is on the pinky finger, just like your glove.

John Taube"
    He also included several photos of the glove in use during 2005.

You ask how I feel about PSA/DNA on gloves? THEY ARE THE BEST. Denny Esken has long been considered the foremost glove expert, and his pairing with Taube for the certification of gloves is of great service to all collectors. I have personally edited the description of the Cain glove, and this gives you an example of why I am extremely confident in PSA/DNA glove authentication service. I hope this helps answer the question regarding the post on Jeter (not to mention I know my consignor on that glove )
    good luck to everyone, and we at Goldin Auctions strive to be the very definition of the phrase 'bid with confidence'. We try to be 100% accurate, and I can guarantee you personally, from the owner, if there is a case we are not, we will correct it immediately.
    Ken Goldin
    ken@goldinauctions.com

I'm just curious with the Sam Crawford or the Frisch spalding bats, how they can be considered pro models when they have spalding logos stamped on the knob. I've always heard in the hobby spalding bats with logos on the knobs are store models?

I would read the PSA letter on the Crawford bat...I think it gives an excellent response to that question